New member/owner of '04 VFR

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wazimoto, May 30, 2017.

1. wazimoto

wazimoto New Member

United States
    Hey guys,

Been riding for around 7 years, started on an '82 Yamaha Maxim 1100 and have been lusting after the V4 engine and balanced performance of the VFR for a few years.

Just picked up a 2004 VFR800 ABS with <11K miles on it, OEM bags that aren't asphalt but the metallic black doesn't clash too bad, I'll grab a few photos with the bags on and post them up in the next few days.

20170529_142659.jpg

Only had the test drive and a 40min ride home through lots of rain so pretty chill riding so far but I can tell this is going to be a fun bike! The V4 is fun to have thrumming around and that VTEC is quite fun as well. I was scared the stock exhaust was going to leave me wanting more because these sound so dang good with an aftermarket exhaust but I think it should be sufficient for now. Only thing that would get me to bite is an all blacked out Two Brothers system, I saw somebody on here placed an offer of $400 and got it! I wouldn't pay full asking price but if that deal showed itself... Only plans for now might be a tinted windscreen.

-Sam

PS sorry about the photo being sideways, guess I need to work on my uploading/attaching skills on here.

2. wazimoto

wazimoto New Member

United States
    Here's a picture with the bags on. Once again it turned sideways when uploaded.. Maybe I need to read some more FAQ's.

20170530_185723.jpg

3. wazimoto

wazimoto New Member

United States
    Here we go, finally a halfway decent picture! And I think this one isn't turned sideways.

First ride in some real heat today, 90* out, can verify the fans work once the temp hits 220!

Attached Files:

4. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the world of VFR's.

It's nice to see that the world is right side up again, in other words, .... good photo!