New member in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tosaw, Jun 16, 2021.

1. tosaw

tosaw New Member

United States
    Hi everyone,

I've been riding since 1980, mostly off road but I'm slowly shifting more and more to the streets since most places to ride off road are illegal in CT. I've owned 2, 3 and 4 wheeled Honda's all my life and my 1992 VFR has become my newest favorite. I picked it up from a coworker last year who just wanted it out of his garage, since it started leaking gas. He wasn't kidding, I've never seen another vehicle dump fuel like this one did when I first started it! I rebuilt the carbs, slapped some new tires on it and have been replacing various common electrical components as they fail but she's a hoot to ride, I love how the V4 makes its power.

Anyway, no thread is worth a darn without bike pictures so here's a couple of mine:

VFR Fox Hill.jpg VFR.jpg

duccmann likes this.
  2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to VFRW!

I tipically prefer stock paint colors, but that looks very sharp.

The photos are great. We have a thread for photogaphy that could use some more great shots, and they do not need to be VFR related.

3. tosaw

tosaw New Member

United States
    Thanks RllwJoe!

I agree, I've been wrestling with the idea of painting it white, but I do like the yellow and car drivers seem to notice it - although I still assume they don't.

I will check out the photography thread, I've been an amateur photographer for a long time and just recently started getting paid for it in the real estate market. I love to combine photography and motorcycles whenever I can.

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Beautiful
    Congrats
    All ya need now to make it primo
    High mount Staintune
    Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tosaw likes this.
  5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    That top photo is stunning. You should do well in photography professionally I would think. Years ago, an ophthalmologist friend of mine told me that the most visible colour to the human eye was the shade of yellow on road lines and school busses. I suspect that some of the HiVis colours have taken that spot though. I do like the yellow 5th gens though. They pop. SO does yours.

tosaw likes this.
  6. tosaw

tosaw New Member

United States
    I agree duccman! A high mount is on my wish list but will probably be after suspension mods.

The only bike in my stable that's not a Honda is my 2003 Ducati ST4s ABS, do you also have a Ducati?

Thanks Randy, I appreciate the compliments!