New member from switzerland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gulaschkanone, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone New Member

Hi guys,

I'm Matt from Switzerland.
    Hondas are my kind of bike. I own the new CRF1000 Africa Twin and another RD04 Africa Twin.
    I recently bought another 3rd gen VFR with 47k km on the clock.
    On the walls of my childhood bedroom was a poster of a red/white VFR750F, this is why I made the decision to get another 3rd gen.
    I needed a break from all the big touring bike :courage:

The first one I had (3rd gen, grey rims) was sold because at the time I didn't feel comfortable riding the bike.
    The first one came with superbike style handlebars which didn't feel comfortable at the time.
    Much better with the default clip on style bars on the new one.

Some mods I want to do to my new baby:
    - Slip on exhaust. The old one was fixed by the PO with some kind of liquid metal.
    - Powder coat the rims in original white (there are some paint chips on the rims now)
    - paint the belly fairings (the ones behind the foot pegs) they have seen some better times

Attached (hopefully) you will find a pic from my first ride with the new VFR (See HRC Stickers for additional 10HP each).
    In addition to my bike you can see my friends MV Augusta F3.
    This shot was taken on top of the Susten Pass in switzerland at 2222m above sealevel.

That's all for now from my side.
    I'm happy to profit from the wealth of knowledge that has gathered here.:star:

Gulaschkanone

DSC_0050.jpg

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Gulaschkanone and welcome to the MadHouse :welcome:

Great to see another red VFR join the VFRWorld ranks - as you will soon discover they are the fastest:potstir:. That is one mean screen, and I am sure you are right those HRC stickers will make the bike go faster.

You are not quite a neighbour but if you happen to be in Parpan ski resort next weekend I guess we could possibly meet up, as I will be there with the VFR attending the Ulysses-Club.ch event. On Monday morning I am heading back to the French Alps, but I plan to leave Parpan really early on, to take a run down the Stelvio pass on the VFR before the pass gets over-run with idiots in camping cars. :) then taking the long way back into Switzerland via the original St Bernards Pass.

Good luck with the modifications.

PS Let us know how the "Field Kitchens" name was chosen.

SkiMad

3. Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone New Member

Hi thanks for the warm welcome :smug:

I will PM you if I happen to find the time.
    I live in central switzerland but we ride our bikes over the Oberalp Pass and into Graubünden quite often.
    Where do you ride through?

Concerning my nickname, I actually don't really know how that came.
    I was in Cologne (Köln) with some german friends and they started to make jokes about the famous "Chuchichäschtli" a couple Kölsch later we were discussing our military experiences and they were making jokes about the swiss army with their "Gulaschkanone".
    From there it just kinda stuck with me.
    Btw. the short form they use to reference me sometimes is "Guac" as in Guacamole because they say that it sounds similiar :glee:

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice and welcome to the crazy house of VFR lovers.. also nice to hear your bit on VFR and you're on the right track with Photos. But holy cow you also have a Africa twin, seems there are more than a few VFR guys that are liking that bike me included Now I'm curious how that stacks up. Oh yea, that name too, very unique I must say. I couldn't even began to say it right ....

5. Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone New Member

Yeah, they're great. I love riding both of them. I can definitely give you a roundup of them if you want when I'm at the computer ;)

Your bikes looks amazing. One of the first ones I have seen on the forum and the one that has caught my eye.
    Aaaaand. It's thr best color available :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk