New Member from Pittsburgh PA - 6th Gen VFR800

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vfrsoulplanet, Apr 27, 2019.

1. vfrsoulplanet

vfrsoulplanet New Member

United States
    Hello, longtime lurker here, but signed up needing mechanical advice. Shameless thread plug below.

https://vfrworld.com/threads/charging-electrical-issue-advice-6th-gen.56813/#post-600612

Anyways, this is my second bike after being talked into an HD sportster. After diagnosing the sporty for carb/sensor issues, paying hundreds to HD to say they don't know anything, I realized function and reliability are essential. I've been riding for 3 years and commute to work nearly everyday, 8 months out of the year. The VFR was made for this, less the current issues i'm dealing with (semi-pun unintended). Also have a 919 hornet for messing around town. Don't have the time/patience/money to be tinkering with two bikes and a car. So, while the VFR on paper suits my needs perfectly, if I don't get the electrical resolved, might be looking for 7th gen 1200. Prefer not to post pics - some fairing scrapes after driveway spill. Bike is completely stock.

2. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Electric problems are a pain in the ass, but solveable.... replied in your thread....