New Member From Corpus Christi, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by His&Hers VFR, Oct 28, 2007.

1. His&Hers VFR

His&Hers VFR New Member

My wife and I just picked up our new (to us) 1997 VFR today. She previously rode a 2005 Ninja 500R (and my CBR 600F2) and I previously rode a 1989 Suzuki GS 500E and then eventually moved up to a 1993 CBR 600F2.

WE LOVE THIS BIKE, it's everything the reviews said it was. Rode it home from the sellers house 180 miles back to our house today. The bike performed great.

Unfortunately the previous owner did not have an Owner's Manual for it, so I'll probably be asking alot of questions from the more experienced VFR owners until I get one.

Here is a pic of our new bike :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/regalado96/1997_VFR_015.jpg

Here is one of the wife returning home after a "I'm just going to go for a quick spin around the block" turned into a 1hr ride ! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/regalado96/1997_VFR_012.jpg

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    sharp bike. looks like she enjoys it. you might should go ahead and buy another!

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the group. Sharp ride. I have to agree with Reg on this one. I think she is going to enjoy it so much you won't get any seat time. lol.

You can try Helm, Inc. (<----clickable link) for an owners and service manual. I highly recommend getting the latter.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto New Member

Hey His/her,

Cool, fellow south Texans! I'm over in the big metropolis of Bishop/Kingsville. Lived in CC for about 15 years.

Your new pride and joy looks almost exactly like my first 4gen (a 94) with the exact same mods. The only difference being mine came with a rusty steel TBR left side exhaust. I have a 96 now but it's nowhere near stock.

5. His&Hers VFR

His&Hers VFR New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm sure I'll learn alot about the bike here.

6. His&Hers VFR

His&Hers VFR New Member

Hmmm...... you have the same screen name as somebody who posts on another bike forum I used to frequent when I still had my 93 red,white,& blue CBR 600F2............but IIRC his avatar on that site used to show a flouresent orange rear wheel and exhaust can from a VTR 1000 :wink:

Thanks for the welcome here Doug, we've talked before on TWT (my sn there is TX_F2) but I have not been active there for awhile (sold the wife's Ninja 500 and my CBR, then bought a motorhome to take our kids camping).

Love this bike, so far the only complaint I have about it is that................. I have to share riding time with the wife ! :Cry: :censored: :rant: :fencing: :frusty: LOL