New Member Canada

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Polyian, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Polyian

Polyian New Member

Canada
    Map
    HI...I've been riding on and off for over 50 years and recently decided I need a bike to experience the ride once or twice a week...pure pleasure. My last ride was a Vstrom 650 about 10 years ago. I decided to buy a bike over 25 years old so I could apply for collector plates and cheaper insurance.
    So I bought a nice 1990 VFR750F with 63000 KM's stock other than the Corbin. I plan to pull the plastic and and go over all the fluids and other service requirements over the winter months.
    A couple of things I would like to find, being an old guy, are lower pegs and higher bars.
    I would appreciate any suggestions for maintenance, plastic removal, pegs and bars.
    The fun begins...Cheers

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Ian and Welcome to the MadHouse.:Welcome:

Before people start raggin on you it is a good idea to post up a photo of your VFR - it is easy - just click the "upload a file" link and follow the prompts to select and upload a photo from your computer. You may also want to update your forum Proflie to include an approximate location - city/province is ample that way people will know roughly where you are and if you need help with an issue you may find someone living nearby may be happy to swing by and offer advice/pick up a wrench especially if you have a well stocked beer fridge.:drink:

Certainly there are quite a lot of VFRW forum members in Canada so you may even find someone to ride with once you have the 750 sorted.

In the meantime take care and ATGATT.

SkiMad

3. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi do you have any pictures of your ride?

4. Polyian

Polyian New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hi guys, I’m out of town for a few weeks, new Grandson imminent. Will get some pics posted when I get back home.
    Thanks

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Hey Ian. I live in Canada too. Maybe we are neighbours. Just became a grandpa in February. It is great. When you get to posting pix, let us know generally, where in Canada you live. We might be able to help or just drink coffee or beer after a ride. I ride year round, a little less in the winter these days though.

6. Polyian

Polyian New Member

Canada
    Map
    Randy...sorry I missed your post. I am in Victoria but I have a Grandson in Richmond which is a bit closer to you. I'll let you know if I get the bike on the ferry this summer, maybe we can have a coffee.

7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Hope it pans out. This year is a busy one for me so it will be hit and miss. Plans include a bike ride to Alaska then RV trip around the prairies for a couple months. But should be around later in August and most of September. If you find yourself on one of BC cruise ships on your way to Fantasy land, reach out to me. There should be an email address on my profile think. Ya never know. I have been known to zip over to the Island from time to time. I have a few former collogues still there in the Victoria area. I love the island and never wanted to leave there. But in '89, my employer told me that my next paycheque would arrive in Chilliwack. So...you know...