New Luggage Bought

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by WilsonFourTwo, Jan 15, 2011.

1. WilsonFourTwo

WilsonFourTwo New Member

Map
    So money got a bit tight last year, and I put off buying my sidecases. Today, thanks to a generous 25% discount at a local retailer, I finally picked up my Givi E21s!

IMG_0554_small.jpg

I intend to use them for day-to-day storage (groceries, local pickups, etc). I'll probably pick up an E360 as a top case as well, but not for a couple of months.

I should note that this was my first Givi purchase, and I'm very pleased. Everything about them exudes quality, right down to the way thy're hand packed into the box. Wowzers.....really impressed.

I'm currently planning to buy the Wingrack 2 for my Gen 5, but I hear that SW-Motech has a mount that comes on and off as easily as the bags. Anyone have first hand experience with that, or should I just go ahead with Givi's?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. SF_Hooligan

SF_Hooligan New Member

Map
    I recently took a WingRack off my '00. (sold it here) It's a decent setup, but I'd recommend the newer Givi top and side rack setup, here and here.

I've had the old school Givi toprack, the Wingrack, and now the above linked toprack on my fifth gen, and like the new setup the best. I plan to order the side racks as well.

I haven't seen one of the SW setups firsthand, but they look slick in photos. If I was starting from scratch again, I'd consider it, although I don't really care about the quick release features. Here's all the SW stuff for the 5th gen.

3. WilsonFourTwo

WilsonFourTwo New Member

Map
    ^^Wow - that's a really helpful response, thanks!

The SW-Motech is a fair bit pricier, and I'm not convinced it's actually worth it. By the time I factor in shipping, I could get the genuine Givi Top+Side combo from a local deal for about the same. I've got a couple months until I need to decide, but I'm leaning towards Givi everything at this point.