New here from Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FJTom, Jun 1, 2022.

1. FJTom

FJTom New Member

Germany
    Map
    Hello from Northern Germany (known for many straight roads, always looking for one of the rare curves).
    I'm riding my 88 FJ since 1996, meanwhile with 182tkm on the speedo. I am working as a mechanic with an own small garage with the opportunity to ride nearly every bike on the market. For the daily use I have a nice small NC700S, but when I have time at a weekend to ride the red VFR, I feel "at home".

VFR_06.22 (1).jpg View attachment 92020

Attached Files:

2. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    Hi and welcome Tom : ) If that is a current pic, your VFR looks really nice at 34 years old! I haven't seen that color combo before. Ours in the USA were either white, dark metallic blue or the red/white/blue special edition. I always wanted the 86' VFR 750, but could not part with my custom 84' 700F to get one.

3. FJTom

FJTom New Member

Germany
    Map
    In Europe we only had single-colour VFRs. The photo is the actual status. It's a constant development over the years. The fairing had a paintjob 15 years ago. The rest ist factory-painted. The wheels were powder-coated last year, because the original colour in 1988 was white.

4. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    Do you own a motorcycle mechanic shop? You mentioned that you had the opportunity to ride all kinds of bikes. When I was younger, I was a Prep-Assembly mechanic for a Honda dealer. I got the new bikes which were broken down in crates and then I assembled the loose parts to make a ridable motorcycle out of them : ) It was a great job for a while and I got to ride all the new bikes around the block before handing them off to the Service department for final inspection and then for sale. At that time ( lucky me ) in 1978 there were new bikes coming out like the CBX1000 and CB750F, so I got to ride those iconic bikes also. I couldn't afford to buy one though : (

5. FJTom

FJTom New Member

Germany
    Map
    Yes, a little one-man-show for 22 years with a lot of work. Working with motorcycles for 31 years. Have learned the profession at a Honda/Yamaha-Dealer, then a few jobs at Honda-Dealers, at last my own little workshop in 2000. Because of that I have the chance to ride a lot of bikes, nevertheless my RC24 is a special bike in the current cnfiguration.