New happy owner...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joebroni, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Joebroni

Joebroni New Member

Introducing myself as the little message on my Home says to do :tongue:

Just purchased a 1998 VFR yesterday from a local bike shop that was on consignment. My best friend had an identical bike at one time and it was the teacher for most of my riding skills, so I already feel very comfortable with it.

I am a new owner to motorcycles as well, with all riding experience done on friends vehicles. My bud recently (2 weeks ago) purchased an '02 ZX-6 and has been really leaving me out of the summer night fun. I felt so left-out that I made the decision within a couple days to purchase my first bike :biggrin:

Either way, long story short, my names Joe, I live in Edmond, OK, and I am 22 years old. I'm a car mechanic so I'm very comfortable working on my own vehicles, but I've got a bit to learn on bikes. I hope this bike is as good to me as it sounds like it is to you all.

And for my first question, are there any links to the factory recommended service intervals on here? I've done a lot of scanning through forums and haven't dug anything up yet, so I'll give this a try. In particular, I am coming up to 20k miles, so if there's anything big to take care of then, I'm trying to find out.

I'll be getting pictures up as soon as I give it a good thorough detailing, it looks very good now without vinyl (IMHO), so I can't wait to show it off. Thanks for the help guys, and you'll be seeing me on here more often :cool:

2. mellorian

mellorian New Member

Map
    New Bike

Welcome aboard! got my 2000 VFR in February, changed from a 750 cruiser to a S/T after a long ride into Idaho, Montanna, and Washington, from Vancouver last year and found that I wanted more power. Mostly for overtaking.My brother in the U.K. reccomended it for a second bike and I love it's power band. He used to own one but now rides an 03 Honda Fireblade. We love our Honda's!.With the Givi 52 ltr bag on the back I am able to go anywhere and still pass my buddy with a 1500 cc Nomad. With the 21 ltr tank (that's 5.5 gal for you merricans) I can go longer without a fuel stop, and although if you compare the VFR with the Gixxr or Ninja it's not in the same class it is a lot more comfortable, and goes plenty fast for me.