New CBR 1000 2020

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Gator, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Well it looks like there will be no V4....... But this bike does seem to be a totally redesigned bad ass. I really the looks, especially in RWB. Going to be very interesting how it handles and how good are the electronics. Certainly has enough HP and torque!

Mind_Surfer likes this.
  2. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Marquez tests new Fireblade

“My first impression was the power, I just thought, 'wow, this is a street bike?' because even on the circuit you can really feel the power," Marquez told MCN.

"But the next thing I noticed was that even as a street bike with street tyres, the stability in the corners was incredible. Maybe it is the new aerodynamic parts, but even though the power was there the stability was impressive.

"You feel the difference with the new wings at speed. At corner exit, the anti-wheelie was working to keep the front down but in high speed corners and at top speed you can feel it.

"When you have a good aerodynamic set up on a MotoGP bike you are able to open the gas and just relax because you know the bike will follow the line. I was able to do the same with the Fireblade."

Marquez was also impressed with the relative freedom he was allowed by the new and improved electronics”

"I rode the bike in a very safe mode. Of course I like to play with the traction more on the MotoGP bike so I have the electronics set quite far because I like to have the control in my hand.

"Although the bike was in its safest mode, the electronics would cut in in a good way. Sometimes with electronics when you slide they cut in very aggressively and this creates a movement in the bike.”

[​IMG]

Mind_Surfer, mello dude and Gator like this.
  3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Some people are still so pissed at Honda..... I have heard things like "oh, now they have a bike thats as good as what BMW did 10 years ago!" I'm still not happy they did not come out with a V4 sport bike but I think this bike is a major step in the right direction. Probably will be bike of the year.

4. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

V4 or not, it looks to be a pretty sweet package. The Honda has always been known to be the best "streetbike" of the liters, I'm willing to bet Honda got it right.

5. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
  6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Have to wonder how Bautista will get along with the Honda compared to how well he started on the Ducati. Interesting that they got Haslam as the other rider.

7. Toddman

Toddman New Member

United States
    5BF8D91A-5112-4E6B-B466-BE3F10AD8ADB.jpeg FC47A30C-21BA-41C1-8FFD-D031C4E3FEA1.jpeg
    I was hoping they’d try to counter Ducati with a new V4. We are updating an RC36 with great suspension and ‘04rr plastics.

8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    The CBR would look great with a single side swing arm. Your probably going to freak a few people out with that. lol