Need Help With Ducati Wheel on VFR SSSA

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Jackstand Johnny, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Jackstand Johnny

Jackstand Johnny New Member

Already checked through the search box and sifted through pages of results and found nothing on this. I want to know specifically what all it takes to run a Ducati 3 spoke rear wheel on a 93 VFR 750 SSSA. I plan on doing this for a 2000 SV650(everything else is mapped out). I hear that Ill need a Triumph hub, and theyre almost all the same, but what does it take to mount it to the VFR swinger? Are there different width rear wheels and if so whats the widest I could run? Any and all help from those that have done it would be great, thanks in advance.

2. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Go to vfrdiscussion.com and ask for Safe-T. I BELIEVE he knows all about this.

Larry

3. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    SafeT did it on a 5G so the specs may not match up to a 3G sssa. I think he machined the VFR hub to mount the wheel but I'm sure he's got the specs posted somewhere. The 3G '90-'93 ran a 5.5" wheel, 4G '94-'97 a 5" wheel but the 5.5" bolts up. The RC45 ran a 6" wheel/single nut but good luck finding a sssa from it. The RC30 same but I think it was a 18"x5.5" wheel, single nut.

Another memeber on vfrd, vfroem I think, had a build thread on his 3g bike.
    [​IMG]

Here's SafeT's bike btw..
    [​IMG]