need an extra key for my OEM topcase

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by WGREGT, Nov 28, 2013.

1. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Hey guys...

I picked up a flawless, never used topcase on CL about a week ago that I don't need (simply could not pass it up for the price) and it came with only one of the red, 90 degree, Givi keys. Seller thought he had another one but can't seem to find it.

Where can I get another one, either a blank (and have it cut somewhere? Maybe a locksmith or a dealer can do it?) or another one already cut maybe?

Anyone ever done this?

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    locksmith can copy easily. Those keys actually can be filed to work more than one case fairly easily. My GIVI luggage was not a matched set but another member, SLOVFR, filed off one of my givi keys to make it work with all 3 of my boxes.

3. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Never had the need for one for my top case, only for each one of my other bikes, cars and home.
    You may want to check the key shop at Santiago 76. Right on the 5 freeway and 17th streets across from guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana. He has never let me down.
    Even better, let me know if you want me to stop by and show him my keys to see if be can cut one.

4. Anda Geza

Anda Geza New Member

I just purchased a used Tenere that came with all three cases. I will not be using the Top Case because I prefer my Givi V46, only downside to using it is that you cannot open the side cases with taking the Top Box off.

5. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I have the OEM panniers as well as the top case. I had 3 different keys so I changed the 3 barrels for these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Givi-Z228-Luggage-Case-Trio-3-Lock-Barrel-Set-with-6-Spare-Keys-/160651806725?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2567980805
    Now I have all 3 boxes on the same key (plus I now have 5 spare keys)
    There should be a number on the key or on the barrel on the top box. You could always ask on here if someone has a spare key of that number or buy a replacement barrel and get the 2 keys that accompany it.

Carpy