My new to me VF700F

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Dusthawk, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

Bought for a paltry $100 from a guy whose wife told him the bike or she goes, lolol. 7 a.m. and it was listed on Craigslist and I was there after driving 2 hours to get it, lololol.

Attached Files:

2. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

More pics...

Attached Files:

3. Cundalini

Cundalini New Member

Map
    Hey it looks like you got all the parts to put her back together brother. Good luck!
    Welcome to the forum... If you run into any probs make sure and ask in the first generation forum, when I started here, I was up and running in n time with the help of some good people on here.

Details? Does it run? Is there back registration? Are you new to bikes, interceptors? Let me know I would love to hear about that bike riding on the road.

4. JamieDaugherty

JamieDaugherty New Member

United States
    Map
    Not a bad deal, what a great price. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun fixing it up

5. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

This is my second Interceptor, a 500 was my first about 20 years ago in college. My First bike, 30 years ago, actually a hair over 31, was a home built minibike I made that used a snow mobile engine to power it. It was so dangerous, lolol, but it climbed hills and dunes around Lake Michigan like it was cruising along a sidewalk, lolol.

This one has all the fairing and panels and most of the parts to make it whole again, and I have already found on Ebay what I need to finish and get it running. It does run, but has a leak from the carb inlet tubes so I went out and got Orings today. I have way more than enough parts to get her back on the road, and everything extra will be sold, including the Super Trapp exhaust on it now, I have a set of slip on tuned pipes, all I need is the collector.

It was last registered in 97, but it was Non-op'd so there won't be huge fees to pay. Haven't taken the paperwork to DMV yet but if it is more than $100 I'll be surprised.

I have also been wrenching on bikes forever so it comes as no surprise that my other current project is a 1971 CB750K1 Chopper, shown below. It is currently torn down halfway waiting for more parts. She will be the best bike I have ever restored to Glory. I expect to have the CB done by this time next year, so I like the Interceptor as a daily until the Chop is up and running again, and probably will keep it as a fun time rider and use the chop for Poker Runs and Events.

Attached Files:

6. Cundalini

Cundalini New Member

Map
    Very nice, cant wait to see it done! both of them actually