My Craigslist Rant

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by MrJoelieC, Jan 11, 2007.

1. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Greetings all,

I'm relatively new to both these forums and to motorcycling in general. I'm known in many other forums that belong too for interesting rants...

Craigslist has an area where you can rant and rave and as a motorcyclist I put on my very vulger pissed off attitude and ranted about a few things I see on the way into work...

Warning... It may offend people who driove large SUV, some women, and people who use cell phones....
    http://nh.craigslist.org/rnr/261090591.html

If your inclined nominate it for best of... LOL Oh and Admins I will understand completely if you delete this... Just thought I would share....

2. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey - Sorry to hear that you have any issues that would influence you to spend time with a rant online. Do people actually read rants and raves? I use Craigslist a lot and I have not seen any rants or raves (I am sure they are there if you have seen them or posted any ;0) ) and unless it is a warning about something I would have no reason to read anyone's rant or rave. Hope things are ok and get better.

3. Rev

Rev New Member

wow...:eek:

4. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Were your parents mean to you as a little boy? Just kidding but I did find that story humorous and very accurate...

5. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    You've written what I am often thinking. I hate cellphones. They are now banned while driving on Ft. Bragg. Thank God.

6. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

right On dude

7. jrock

jrock New Member

Funny stuff.

Here in Chicago, they banned cell phone use while driving except if you use hands free ... despite the fact that according to recent studies ... it doesn't matter if your using your hand or your hands free ... both are equally distracting!! Idiots.

Btw, doing math while on the phone is the one of the worst things you can do while driving.

8. dskelton

dskelton New Member

The cell phones are proabably distracting, but I don't think it is the root problem. They same morons that can't keep thier cars on the road while talking on the phone are probably the same ones that used to read magazines or news papers, eat breakfast, apply makeup, make coffee.... take your pick, most people are just morons!

Drive that road daily, you pretty well nailed it!
    Dean

9. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    LOL Oh, I'm much better now... The irony was that I had noticed a link on the left of craigslist to "Best Of Craigslist." I spent a lunch hour reading that the day of the first time the green SUV cut me off.

After it happened again I was thinking how much it would make a great "Rant and Rave" I mean I could have vented here but I wanted to be really vulger about it... Sometimes the use of Vulger words can be very "Cleansing"... well, for me anyway...

Rants and raves on craigslist can be really annoying with a bunch of bozos calling each other names... but sometimes some real gems come out... Hence te Best of... If you have an hour to kill read the best of section there are some real great ones in there... LOL

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

rants and raves are there and so is best of. i have read both on more than one occasion when bored. sometimes they are pretty funny.

11. vfr23

vfr23 New Member

dude you so nailed it right on the head....here in virginia our cops even drive around talking on the cell phone .....so rant on man rant on

12. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    Change the locations, car & SUV (here in Australia they are called 4WDs) brands & that rant wouldn't be out of place over here.

Unfortunately. :mad: