My Bike is not charging.

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by LimeTime, Sep 19, 2009.

1. LimeTime

LimeTime New Member

Map
    What happened to honda reliabilty? I guess I need the stater or rectifier for her? With only 9,000 miles I already need parts; maybe I should have bought a Vrod and expected it to break.
    I guess the reason I am so pissed is my fiancee had a very bad stroke on June 10 and I have been at the hospital with her for quite a while and then a rehab hospital but she is getting much better and now I can go for a hour ride and not have to worry.(but no I am broke down!)
    But on a lighter side I am putting a plug on her (bike) for GPS unit I think when the bike gets back I am headed back east for a weekend.

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Sorry to hear about your fiancee. I'm glad she's showing signs of improvement. My 74 year old Dad had a stroke about 2 years ago so I know how stressful it is. I know the R/R situation is bumming you out but keep in mind that that this has been a well known issue for VFR's for as long as I can remember and its a simple fix. Any research you did on the bike prior to purchasing should have revealed this issue. Other than this issue VFR's are solid well built machines that can last a lifetime with regular maintanence. Use the bike to help you take your mind off the stress of dealing with the stroke. Be positive, it will take time but in many cases people who have had strokes regain full or near full physical and cognitive skills.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. LimeTime

LimeTime New Member

Map
    Thanks she is making great gains but she is only 39 so they expect her to make a pretty full recovery I have ask her to buy me a new VFR with her Disability check and she said Noooo!!!
    As for the charging system I am semi ok but looks to be a few hundred bucks and I am a die hard honda guy I have a Acura and a CRV right now and many in the past.
    You sure do find out how much you love someone when something happens like this.
    Oh how often to you have to replace these and what is better aftermarket or honda.

4. VIFFER RIDER

VIFFER RIDER New Member

United States
    Map
    That's pretty young to have a stroke but i guess it can happen to anyone. I know of a girl who had a bad one and she was only 26, she lost most of her motor skills. Sucks.

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    The R/R seems to be random in when it decides to go and a lot seem to agree on it happening due to poor grounding. There are mixed results on better brands of the R/R and nobody seems to have a straight answer.

Search for the issue and you will find many many posts on the issue and lots of information to aid in making your decision. I think that the R/R underwent a change part way throught the 6th gen's life because of this.

Congrats on the fiance getting better. I know somewhat of what you are going through as I have been through some serious medical problems with my gf. yeah.. it does bring out hom much you love someone when you go through this type of stuff for sure.

6. LimeTime

LimeTime New Member

Map
    It has been a very odd summer because my work would not let me have time off for my wife I switched jobs to a very small company on a part-time until she gets better; now she is alot better still a long way to go (her speech is not working yet) and the small company is getting bought out and the new president said " key people in our company dont ride motorcycles".
    Looks Like I am job hunting any one need a blow molding supervisor?

Thanks this is still the best forum on the planet.

7. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    I'd tell him that key people do ride them, he just doesn't know it.