my 2007 RWB winter project

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by 3dcycle, Jan 5, 2017.

1. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    ok ladies and gents I bring to you my 2007 anniversary refresh project so it all had to start some where, and for me it was driving 15 hours straight (900 miles) round trip to pick it up. so worth it to get a clean bike with 3500 miles on it...

I put new peralli rossos 2 on it and rode it for 1500 miles in 3 weeks before winter, time to make it mine

Attached Files:

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Sweet Score, Congrats. Nice pick on the tires too ;)

3. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    so after riding it and falling in more love with it I wanted to make it more mine.

Attached Files:

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ooo this oot to be good.

5. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    really wish I could post pictures in the body of text as to explain better which every one is but until I figure that out here we are.

so I got the bike up on the lift and started to pull it apart and bead blast and powder coat everything. I went with a wrinkle flat black from prismatic powder, it had a few issues that I had to figure out along the way, it is heavier than most powders I have used in the past had to learn how to spray it properly but now that I am done I think I have it figured out, until I need to use it again then I can relearn it all, haha.

anyways I got the swingarm, sub frame and everything that bolts to it done in black and I have to say it matches the frame near perfectly.

I also did a clutch cover window from sebspeed on VFRD, powdered that in a matching black wrinkle and then did the pressure plate in the same white as the wheel, with blue titanium hardware holding it down. I think that came out super nice.

I have the 8 gen wheel powdered in a white mounted up which looks fantastic against the black swing arm, cant wait to start riding so I can complain about keeping it clean. after looking at it I need to find some blue lug nuts it will match the clutch plate after that.

while sebspeed was doing my clutch cover I sent him a plate mount that I had made last summer to fit in with my laser extreme exhaust, mine was made out some HD plastics but had him do it out of aluminum. picture 5 is when I got it 6 and 7 and its ready to be installed.

the last picture is where I am at right now, my shock shipment from DMr will be here when I get home from work tomorrow... yippie

Attached Files:

6. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Holy anniversary edition!!...that pressure plate looks damn sexy in white. Then with blue lug nuts to match...WOW! Can't wait to see what else you do!

I can imagine how hawt it will look in person!
    zoom-zoom's clutch cover window was the first thing I noticed on his moto! You'll catch some eyes!!

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    2016-06-14 13.17.12.jpg
    Got my lugs in black at Pep Boys
    20160614_131420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    Just input: "12MM Lug Nuts Blue"
    at amazon.com, Lots of options!

(Great looking RWB!)

9. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    This is a cool project. I really want to see how it turns out.

That wheel's got too many holes. What's involved in converting the hub to do a 5 bolt?

And the wheel color... My 3rd gen is a '91, the guy who convinced me to buy it had a '90. He loved the white wheels when he bought it, but they sucked to keep clean. My gold wheels were a little better at hiding shmutz between cleanings, but I find myself being really lazy now that I have the blacks.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm really going to love the look of the white wheels against the RWB paint job. That's the only color scheme that would tempt me away from Italian Red, and the white and blue clutch is PERFECT to go with it. So white wheels, especially with blue trim, I think will be bitchen. But I'll be really glad it's you has to clean the chain goop and brake dust off, not me. That bike is going to look so good it'll be obvious when you're done with a good weekend thrashing it.

Keep posting as you go. I love seeing people do great stuff like this.

10. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes but not any 12mm nut will work, needs to be a radius or ball flange not just a 60 taper like most nuts. Once I figured out what to call them I tracked them down with no issues.

11. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

12. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    You should be able to post narrative in between photographs.[​IMG] Just load up the photographs to the page and type either before or after the photo. [​IMG] As you move along in your post and find the need to post another photo, just upload that photo and carry on. If you don't get the actual photo show up instead a bunch of gobble gook starting and ending with "[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    Great choices of example images, Randy.... :smile-new:

14. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    OOo ,there's some $$$$ in that rear hub. Now are you adding the front wheel to match ?

15. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    No it would take too much $$ to do the front wheel. They will both be white so I don't think most people will notice that they don't match. I think I would have to swap entire front end with forks. If I was to do that it would be a USD swap

16. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States

Careful with that... a lot of those are cone seat taper, not ball seat.

From what I'm gathering here, it's 12mm x 1.5 pitch (that's the civic thread pitch)

I think the correct radius taper is ball seat (radius seat) as @3dcycle states, and I trust his opinons, but a couple of people here have used conical seats. I should just yank one off my bike to be sure.

The previous owner made mine black with sharpee. Seriously. The guy was nuts for details. Alas, it's coming off so maybe I'll get new nuts next time I yank the wheel for any reason.

17. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Front wheel is all brake disk, looks wise. Nobody is going to notice or care. The back one's the one on display with that swingarm.

18. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Just love the photo of the Mercedes. Nothing worse than those fuggers who take up several spaces cause they think theircars/trucks are so shit hot they need more space at the expense of others who want to park. I used to love blocking these assholes in for as long as I could with my police cruiser.

19. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    +1 Randy.

That guy figured out how to take up 6 spots, too! Not the normal 2 that annoying car owners do.

20. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    just checked fedex tracking... got s surprise waiting for me at home... damn work.
    also coated all my fairing bolts, foot peg hanger bolts and a few others last night experimenting with some new stuff. hope it works out for me, its hard as nails and I don't think I could ever get it back off