Michelin Pilot Road 4's

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Outboard John, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

So this morning I was going through my email in box, checking out the latest offerings from Cyclegear. Looked through all their close out stuff and then started through the September specials. Well they gots a few tire specials in there, Michelin PR4's rear, $169, and the front is $109! Also if you buy tires from them they will mount them for $20 each, and since I don't own my own tire mounting machine that seems damn fair. It was interesting that when I left their September special page, I went through their street section under tires to see if they had a tire pair/bundle (they didn't), they show those same tires on sale but for a significantly higher price. Kind of reminds me of Harbor freight sales, depends which flyer you've got:crazy:
    Obj

2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I have really liked the PR4's so far, especially in the rain.

3. TNRabbit

TNRabbit New Member

Map
    Now cyclegear has the front for $149 & rear for $204....on sale!

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

I'll let you know how it goes, headed to Cyclegear in a few minutes with the page print out from my 9/8/15 online flyer. Let's see if they honor it.
    Obj

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

You know you can always buy tires online and ship them to my place, ride up get your tires changed for the price of a few IPA's, which you can enjoy as well! Good luck with the pricing, hope they honor it.

6. paradox206

paradox206 New Member

United States
    Map
    Of course they go on sale a week after I buy a pair from them! Oh well, it was just nice to get off a flat center pair of tires.

7. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I get my tires from Wheels In Motion in Canoga Park. I get them installed on the bike for less than Cycle Gear lists just the tires on their website. www.wheelsinmotionmc.com 815-576-0003 Hell, right now you can get a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V2 for $260 if you have them install. Super grippy tire

8. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

So a week ago I was flying to Texas with a friend to help him build a retaining wall at a rental property, anyway I stopped into Cycle Gear to pick up the PR4's if the internet flyer price was good. I bee lined it back to the tire wall to see if they had the sizes that I wanted, there was the the sign, "Oops, we goofed on the September sale price for Michelin PR4's" the correct prices are $169 for the front, and $219 for the rear (190 for my Multistrada) for the inconvenience they will mount them for free. Well the mounting is worth $40 for the two tires, not bad, but I think I will shop around and when the time is right I will take OOTV up on his offer of mounting my tires in exchange for IPA. Sounds like good comradery to me, IPA is just a bonus:drinker::smileyfb:
    OBJ

9. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    You can get them here in Canada from Canada's Motorcycle https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ for 216.18 rear and 170.77 front and they advertise free shipping. That is Canadian loonies which today traded at .755428 USD. Might be worth the look. Even if they wont ship free to the US, at those prices, it might still be worth it.

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Check Jake Wilson, their prices are almost always the lowest of any of the online retailers. Free shipping and no sales tax if buying in California.

11. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Great tip Daryl, checked out Jake Wilson, they were about the same price as Chaparral, which was the best price that I had found so far $134 for the front and $184 for the rear (190) but with Chaparral I would be paying Ca. sales tax. When I pull the trigger I'll give you a call and I can bing my growler from Stone Brewery (plus back up bottles) of IPA's for tire mounting fun. Maybe Long and other locals can join in too.
    I am currently enjoying the jurors lounge waiting to see if I am needed to do my civic duty, Oh the JOY of waiting around!:sour: hope my IPad battery last the day. later.
    OBJ

12. 2wheelrush

2wheelrush New Member

United States
    Map
    Check Dennis Kirk. There in Minnesota. $5 SHIPPING FEE PER tire. But cheaper than anyone. PR4 front. $129. AND REAR FOR $164. GET ALL MY TIRES FROM THEM.

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

DK front (120/70/17) $129.88+$5 = $134.88
    JW = $134.88

DK rear (180/55/17) $164.98+$5 = $169.98
    JW = $169.88

With the $5 tire shipping charge looks like they're about the same as JW. Do they have a buyers reward program too? That's one benefit I like about Rezilla & Jake Wilson, the more you buy the more ROI you get. Good to know they're there though as sometimes out of stock forces you to shop elsewhere if you're in dire need.