michael vick back in NFL....

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by deepdish, Aug 14, 2009.

1. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    The eagles have signed mr vick so he is playing in the Nfl what do you think banned from league or did he do his time and go on???I thought for sure the browns woulda got him..:rolleyes:

2. bunghole

bunghole New Member

FUCK VICK! FUCK HIM IN THE ASS WITH A DEAD PITBULL COCK!

3. betarace

betarace New Member

I am an Eagles fan, imagine how I feel. not only should he never play, his presence alone will undermine McNabb's already fragile ego... another year down the toilet

4. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I've got mixed feelings about this. I feel like yes he did his time and everything should move on. (I have two pups BTW) I never thought he was that "great" of a quarterback anyways. Sure he adds another threat on the feild with his running/scrambleing ablities but if a 300 lbs man was chaseing me I think I'd do some pretty fancy footwork to get away. I mean he did two years and what did Daunte' Stallsworth do for killing a man? (DUI) 30 days. Yes I say give him a second chance at something outside playing the game, (ie running back coach), but I am suprised that the NFL/Eagles think that he has enough talent to help them to the playoffs.

5. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    He's an over rated, under performing, washed up, wanna be, has been.

6. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I'll take that as a nay vote. A bit crude, though. But funny!

7. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    IMO - He's a piece of fucking garbage that doesn't deserve a second chance.

What happened to the NFL (or NBA, or MLB, or actors, etc. etc.) being "role models". Isn't this part of the unofficial deal when they stepped into the limelight? Shame on Roger Goodell for caving in.

I don't wish bad on anyone, but if Michael Vick was lit on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

8. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    :
    I heard on the radio these words are not from me so try to remember that... Okay I listen to a new orleans(great place:rolleyes:) radio station last night and there was talk about its a culture thing, and whats the difference between deer hunting and fighting dogs...It was only a dog so on and so forth.. myself I would not want to see my dog hurt fighting for no reason other then betting money and grins..but as mentioned stallworth 30 days took someones life vick 2 years dogfight...............

9. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    They eat dogs in some parts of the world. Now that's what I call terrorism .

10. bunghole

bunghole New Member

Unless you're a vegetarian, saying that eating dogs is wrong is hypocritical. I don't have a problem with anyone eating a dog, because I eat cows, pigs, chickens, lambs, fish, an occasional rabbit or deer, etc. Dogs aren't any more or less valuable than any other animal (including humans maybe). I do have a problem with making dogs fight and inflict injuries, pain, and/or death on each other for "sport".

11. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    Bunghole...wow

Pliskin 0 yep. Poeple that are more known should be role models, not gangsters or thugs. It has become lax over the years for those that can perform better than average.

Personally, I think Vic should of been given the chance to fend off one of the dogs he trained in a pit...

12. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Well, you convinced me. I'm having dog tonight!

13. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Dont know about dogs so much, but I will eat a pussy.

So I reckon I got that hypocrite thing covered.

Pretty much.

14. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    LMAO (again)! Too funny, man.

15. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    Harley riders better watch out then.

16. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah I heard all that nonsense too, along with bull fighting and cock fighting (hee hee) and other such lunacy. I would say that over all, hunting and fishing are not about torturing an animal to either entertain you or prove your bravery. Some may disagree with that on the fishing, since most people catch and release. Others, fisheries biologists in particular, say that fish dont feel pain as we understand it since their brains dont work that way and arent large enough to contain the necessary parts for pain, that mostly what happens with fishing is tapping into the flight instinct. Whatever. It was also a cultural thing is this country years ago for one group of people to own a different group of people, but we dont do that any more either. Times change. We also frown on human sacrifice and generally dont approve beating up your spouse, all excused at one time as cultural. That dog doesnt hunt, its a lame excuse.

As far as Vick is concerned, that twit must have athletic talent or no one would be writing stories about him or paying him any attention. I dont know him personally of course, but my impression of the poor bastard is he is about as dumb as a box of rocks. No one cares about that, just if he can play, and if he can put some butts in the seats. Giving a shit about whether an athlete is a role model is futile. Butts in the seats. Thats its. If a players behavior is so heinous that it keeps people from buying tickets, now team owners worry. Otherwise.....butts in the seats.

One can go on for hours about how the reason Vick is dumb enough to allow a silly cultural practice to destroy an otherwise once in a lifetime chance to make a small fortune is cultural as well, but the bottom line is the man made it through college, a place where he should have learned how to separate nonsense from real life, apparently without that benefit. Why? Because he can throw and run and .............

Put butts in the seats.

Sports are about money

17. monk69

monk69 New Member

No problem with hunting deer, get'em off the road.
    I don't think vic's learned anything but how to cover his thoughts in public...

18. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    So, this is not to excuse what Vick did. I think that the treatment of the dogs was wrong, not even just the fighting, but the rest of it more-so.

Now, that being said, I have always had an issue with inconsistency and hypocrisy. As was already mentioned, if we're going to start applying some rules of conduct on athletes, then by all means, lets start with the people murderers and abusers, before we throw the book at a dog fighter.

I actually agree with Bunghole on several of his points. So the reality is I don't give a $hit, Vick's fun to watch play, and that's what the NFL is for, to entertain me, so I say get him back on the field.

Statements about his ethics, morality, intelligence, culture, etc., and the role-modeling of Athletes, to me is again, statements in inconsistency; either apply them to all of them (in which case all our major sports would take a HUGE hit in talent), or get over it and understand it is a game to entertain, and watch it for what it is.

IMO, the athletes personal lives are their own, and I don't really care, as long as they entertain me. As I taught my kids, we watch them on the field of play for their athletic abilities, just as we watch actors and musicians for their artistic abilities; NOT for their character, one does not relate to the other, for any of them. I have much better role-models for myself and my kids.

19. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

Agreed. The guy blatantly lies and lies about it only until there's a mountain of evidence sitting before him. Gonna take a long time before I trust anything he does or says, regardlesss of his punishment in prison.

20. buttonhook

buttonhook New Member

Maryville, TN (six miles from the dragon)
    now tell us how you really feel........

not to make light of it, but there are NFL players who have killed PEOPLE who are still playing in the NFL and I don't hear anything about it. He's done his time I say let him be.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009