Maryland Morning

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by nozzle, Sep 9, 2007.

1. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Bubba Z and his buddy Jeff came over the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay early Saturday morning for a visit. We met at two seperate Exxon Stations in Annapolis. That didn't work very well, so eventually Bubba rode over to my bike to inform it of the problem. I had parked the bike and was waiting in the exit ramp median to photograph the arriving VFR. Seeing someone walking around my bike led me to sprint back to it and meet Bubba Z aka...Dan. This was kinda strange as it was the first time in my life I where I talked with someone online prior to meeting them in person. Dan does not impress me as a the evil person his handle implies and we had a great two hours of riding curvy roads in Anne Arundel County south of Rt. 50, East of Rt. 4 and North of Calvert County. Jeff picked Franklin Gibson Road, the newly paved part south of Tracy's Landing as his favorite. Jeff did impress me with his fine choice in curved roads.

I had ridden the first 6000 miles on my VFR almost exclusively by myself on my commute to/from DC since getting the bike over Memorial Day weekend. It was a treat to ride with these two folks... no stupid passes, or other silliness. I also proved the water tightnes, actually gatoraide tightness, of the Honda Topcase after I did not tighten the lid of the large bottle of gatoraide I quickly tossed into the case after running back from the median when Dan came over first thing in the morning. My rain gear did not stay dry, but he outside of the case did. My phone and camera stayed dry enough..

pictures when I get a chance.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=100657355519057839486.000439bdeca98303dfd39&amp;om=1&amp;s=AARTsJq3pDmP7brRxL62QAiHwBXm16zPNA&amp;ll=38.842163,-76.606121&amp;spn=0.37437,0.583649&amp;z=10&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=100657355519057839486.000439bdeca98303dfd39&amp;om=1&amp;ll=38.842163,-76.606121&amp;spn=0.37437,0.583649&amp;z=10&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    This was my first time riding with someone off a forum like VFRWorld. In today's world of weirdos and such, many may be hesitant to meet other people to ride with, but I recommend it. The worst thing is the person is a real goon and you'll just have to break off from the ride. Of course Nozzle (a.k.a Paul) was NOT a goon, he is a real good guy and Jeff and I had a blast riding with him. We plan on riding again with the Noz man in the future.

I used to live in the area we rode and I could not remember all the road names. I knew enough to get around, but nozzle lives in that area and rides it enough to know where to go. It was great to actually have some corners to go through. Southern Delaware is pretty much straight lines...and it sucks for riding. Anyway, if you are going riding in an area another VFRWorld member lives, PM them and see if they can go riding with you. Could be the begining of another riding friendship.

BZ

3. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map

yeah, so long as you both meet at the same Exxon station :biggrin:

Now that I figured out how to do the maps.google thing, I can send better directions.

4. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Well geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, and I thought we were actually going to see a picture of the "infamous" nasal...aka...nozzle.

Glad you guys had a good ride. Your male-bonding brings a tear to my eye...hahaha! J/k

5. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I figurerd something was up when I didn't see a RWB VFR at the Exxon we stopped at first. I had a feeling another Exxon was up the street:biggrin:

BZ

6. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Pic's should be up by tomorrow... my son used the camera and I haven't gotten the SD card from him yet.

7. Pearl-93

Pearl-93 New Member

Any time you guys ride again....

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!
    I live a short distance North of Baltimore.
    Would love to get together with some other VIFFERS for a ride.

-Steve

8. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Will do Pearl 93!

BZ

9. chris2711

chris2711 New Member

Map
    Coun't me in the next time you guys ride. I live 20 minutes up the road in Odenton, MD.:cool:

10. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    I figured if I made it look fancy with the map, I might pull some lurkers who hadn't yet put a pin in the VFRworld map out of the wood work.

Chris has BZ envy judging by his avatar...

I added some pics to two pins on the map tonight.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  11. chris2711

chris2711 New Member

Map
    I don't think so! Just my favorite movie of all time!
    The KZ1000 was an awsome machine! My last bike was a ZRX1200r and that was and still is my avatar on the "ZRXOA" website.:tongue:

12. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Still waiting on them pics Noz....where you hidin' em? :confused:

13. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
  14. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Nozzle:

I promise you there was a powerbar in the Busa!

BZ