making stock exhaust hi rise

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by y2kvfr, Jun 9, 2003.

1. y2kvfr

y2kvfr Guest

does anyone know if there is a bracket and pipe to make the stock exhaust hi-rise?
    any help would be appreciated.

2. vfracer

vfracer New Member

Not sure If this helps... ::)

I was Lucky enough to get a Micron Low mount off of e-bay for $100.00.
    I was going to try and make a pipe to fit ...to a high mount.
    Since most cans are the same I called Micron they are willing to sell me the pipe to make it a High Mount for about $100.00.
    Or if you buy some flex pipe or PVC to get the shape you want maybe a good muffler guy can bend a pipe for you.
    Regards,
    Jersey Steve
    Ride safe!

3. BC

BC New Member

I bought a micron slip-on for my 01(standard mount) Wanted to change it to a high mount so I called Micron. They wouldnt sell me the mid-pipe alone. Told me the diameter of the mid-pipe for a standard mount was different than a high mount.?????

4. Guest

Guest Guest

No one makes a bracket because you need to completely alter the pipe to get it to mount higher. You could make everything if you have access to the right equipment but that involves a lot of work like cutting the pipe, bending new pipe, welding, fabricating a bracket and considering the size of it probably would have to ditch the passenger pegs. I'm sure you'd run into numerous other problems trying to do this. I suggest getting an aftermarket pipe I bought a high mount leo vince oval carbon fiber pipe for less 400 new from a local dealer. Fit and finish is excellent easy to install and sounds great. Not too loud either. There are plenty of pipes other pipes out there if you like the shiny look at a Staintune they make a nice one but it's over 500. Sounds really good and comes with a baffle to reduce the noise if you like.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes it is. They are correct. A buddy of mine had a Micron low mount aluminum can and the connector pipe on his was a much larger diameter than the one for my Micron Highmount carbon can.