Lusting about these new fairings $349 complete

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Rubo, May 29, 2012.

1. Rubo

Rubo New Member

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. REEK

REEK New Member

United States
    Map
    I think the body work is still going to be identical to your current 5th gen but only the paint would be different. So may still look porky. Unless you're talking about modding some other fairings to your Viffer.

I'm a big fan of the old Rothmans hondas too. I had a set of Rothmans on my 04 CBR1000RR - the chinese eBay stuff. Overall not too bad. Alittle header related warping and paint bubbling - not too noticeable. I would say after a few years, would probably start looking ratty as the paint/decal quality was marginal/ok. A few bubbles and the gold/red strips were pealing at the edges so I clear epoxyed them back on. ONE thing I didn't notice for a few months was the gas tank "Honda" decal under the wings was misspelled and was written "Ahond" on the right side.

anyway, only got about a 1000 miles on the fairings before I sold the bike. So no long term wrap up.

3. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    Shipping is $150, so they are still $500. I am still eyeballing them, myself.

I actually have become a fan of the yellow Rothmans, as I would not need to repaint my tank.

Jose

4. Rubo

Rubo New Member

Thanks for your inputs.Seems sub par paint job.I may take the $500 and try to paint it myself.