Looking for Wisconsin and U.P. favorite roads.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Maggot, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    In the next five or six weeks I plan on getting lost with the VFR for four or five days in Wisconsin. I will be starting in and returning to Chicago. My plan is to head towards the Mississippi River and maybe a night in Prairie Du Chein or La Crosse then Maybe to the Keweenaw Peninsula in the U.P. and on to the Minocqua Area.

I know Wisconsin pretty well and have made quite a few rides in SW WI. I lived for a summer as a kid in the Minocqua area and I snowmobile there every year, so I know this area quite well and have specific roads I want to enjoy with the VFR.

I love the scenery and the twisties and love to stop if I see something I like or keep going if I don't. I tend to carry food and drinks and will stop at parks and forests for lunch with nature. I will pick hotels in advance if I have to, but would rather stop and pick a spot at the end of the day. No plans set in stone.

I know there are a lot of riders that live here and know the roads better than I do. So my question to you is, If you were to make some suggestions where would you tell me to go? What are your favorite roads and what should not be missed.

Thanks in advance.

Maggot

2. bitterpil

bitterpil New Member

United States
    Map
    There are roads in the U.P.?

3. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes. Just can't find them under the snow!