Long-time admirer, first-time owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by The_RED1, Jun 2, 2021.

1. The_RED1

The_RED1 New Member

United States
    Hello VFRworld folks.

Really enjoying my new-to-me '02 VFR800 in Italian Red. Coming from mid-size cruisers (two Shadow 750s and a Rebel 500), it is totally different than any bike I've ever ridden. I especially like the VTECH kick in the straights. More power, and smoother delivery than the V-twin and parallel-twin mills with which I am familiar. Great riding bike during the few months I have had it.

I wanted something a bit different that would do a few jobs: short- to mid-range tours, commuting, twisties, and advanced rider training courses. Research and history support this bike as a good choice for these tasks.

Planning on adjusting ergonomics for my shorter frame, especially bar risers or a handlebar conversion. The stock position is a bit forward and down, making me a little too hunched over for long-term comfort. I've pulled the passenger grab rails and pegs/mounts. The back end looks really cool with the swing arm exposed and the exhaust pipes tucked under the tail. Also want to add sliders before taking the advanced courses. The bike is in fantastic shape for 20 years in service and I want to keep it like that.

Looking forward to exploring the SF Bay Area on this fantastic bike.

2. Pnoyryder

Pnoyryder New Member

United States
    Welcome to the VFR madness! Lots of great options for the bike but here's what I have on mine: Heli bars, Sargent seat, Oxford heated grips, Puig double bubble, T- Rex frame sliders, factory hard bags, full LED lights, 2Bros exhaust, Ram phone grip, SW Motech tank bags and fog lights. Pics of your bike and I'll show you mine

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats [​IMG]
    fellow 02 owner.
    Yah there’s no stopping mods to make it yours.
    Have a list, just a small list
    Enjoy
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk