Let's Revisit Some Great Quotes

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by NorcalBoy, Oct 4, 2009.

1. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

As many of you know, there was a little friendly disagreement, and subsequent wagering, concerning Nicky Hayden's chances of having better results in the 2009 MotoGP series than Dani Pedrosa.....Now that all of that has been settled with three races, count 'em, THREE races to go, I'd like to go back and pull up some of my favorite quotes from the naysayers. Enjoy!

One of my favorites:

Damn, this one's funny as hell too:

Well Dani almost did both:

Close, but not quite:

More hysterical ranting from Surfer:

RW...attempting to upset me:

Making some sense, but still has work to do:

And last, but not least:

I never had a doubt....

There are about 3-500 more of these pathetic quotes littering this forum, but these were some of my favorites. I would like to thank Ducati, Nicky Hayden, vfourbear and Silversurfer for being easy targets.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I forgot to mention.....

Dani Pedrosa so far in 2009: 2 poles, 8 podiums, 1 win, 2 seconds and 5 thirds

Nicky Hayden so far in 2009: 0 poles, 1 podium, 0 wins, 0 seconds and 1 third

3. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    My pleasure my brother. think about this .... if not for our infamous ( if not futile on my part) duel, you and I would not have had the pleasure of each other's company, (along with the Drewlman and your extended family and lets us not forget Prince Will, that introduction to my friend list buys you mucho capital in the Bear book) at Laguna this year. Not to mention getting to know each other and the subsequent great conversations and times to be had from this point forward. I dont know about you my bro, but it was the probably the best 50 bucks I'll ever spend........

Now we have to come up with sides to pick for the next year, which should be even more exciting, and to quote myself............I.,,,,,cant.....wait.....

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

And before your arm gets sore patting yourself on the back, you still lost to me at Laguna when Lorenzo came back from that honkin highside and took the pole, and youre still full of shit :biggrin:

I love you man......bwahhhhhaaaaahaaaaa

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    My quote still looks to be about right... especially the part about not knowing much about racing... hehe

5. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I certainly agree with how the whole pedrosa v. hayden online debate was pretty good as a social catalyst. It's funny how this all worked out. You wanna shot of malibu? Wayne Rainey would :biggrin:

6. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map

You can continue to drink that shit with your little pinky stuck out while me and your buddies drink whiskey if you want........if Wayne Rainey catches you drinking that stuff he'll probably kick your ass .

Just goes to show.......you never know what's around the corner, and next racing season should be the best one in years..........

7. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I have one thing that I will always remember.....that soundtrack music that motogp uses at the beginning of their broadcasts, playing continuously the entire weekend, you could hear it at turn 5, all the way from the turn 2 suite television monitors, all 50 of them, at 2 in the morning, kickin' it in a lawn chair with a 5th of whiskey, a few cervezas and some good friends. I'll never forget that music.

8. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    you frickin betcha.........da daaa da da. da da da daaaaaa........haahhahahhaaaaaa
    tooo damn good

oh and by the way, you can lose that bullshit "gifted" a podium at Indy nonsense, dont think I been letting it go just because.......heeeheee.......yeah, right... gifted as in Rossi and and Jorge saying....oh I think I should let poor Nicky win here in America by washing my front end out or .....oh, I should just crash out of the lead after kicking everybody's ass all week in qualifying and practice and getting the holeshot...that is just racing baby, when it goes my way quit calling it a gift you bitch......

bwahhhhhaaaaahhaahhaaaaaaaa

oh shit , we are going to have us some fun next season my brother NCB

OH YEAH BABY

9. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I know that was all he was getting for christmas this year......yes, i'll have the lobster bisque appetizer with the chilled crab au gratin entree....and for my friend.....he'll be having the nicky hayden....two pieces of bread and you wish somebody would gift you some meat.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Glad I didn't make the 'list of shame' on this one.

OK NCB, since you are VFRW resident MotoGP forecaster, in your expert opinion, what do you think happened to Hayden?

I mean, its easy to see why Pedrosa has done better, he's "hungry" for the podium.

(I'm being serious, looking for your opinion).

BZ

11. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map

Bwahhaaaahahhaaaaaaa

good one, and waiter.....

make sure my friend gets him some Dani jock, no crashing, but hold the Puig

and for dessert, my friend would like an extra big helping of gloat.......

Bwahhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  12. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

Rossi Rossi

13. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    I have a few better quotes, but they don't really apply to this thread. They did make Laguna one to remember.

14. TimRav

TimRav New Member

It seems like even elite racers have issues learning a new ride, which I think is one reason Nicky has not done well this season. Same thing with Juan Pablo Montoya in NASCAR. It's taken him a couple seasons to be competitive coming from open wheel racing.

That being said, you'd think as talented a rider as Nicky is ought to have figured a few things out after the first few races. I mean, we're not talking that huge a change here. Maybe Nicky isn't as good as everyone thought or hoped.

15. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    First off, Hayden was NEVER as good as all the hype, he only won the championship that year as a gift or fluke, by being consistently good (which is where I classify him), but not great (admirable, but not to the level of the hype). How many years did we hear "he's still learning the tracks"? Compare that to what Spies has done...

BUT, I don't get all this discussion about the brides-maid, jockey Pedrossa? We're talking about the WAY in third place rider, like he's something? Come on, what's the point? If Stoner hadn't had to take three races off because of his "mysterious illness", he be ahead of Pedrossa, AND EVEN WITH taking three races off he's only 3 points behind and will likely pass Danni, so Danni'll be 4th. So why is he the center of this discussion?

16. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Mostly because many Hayden fans get a bit obnoxious in that "ugly american" Nascar way some folks in this country have, and they have picked Dani as the reason that Nicky didnt do as well on the Honda in years after his championship win not to mention some head to head crashouts when Nicky was in contention in 2006. Added to that is the perception that Dani is inaccessable and a surly personality, not that any of that matters one whit when it comes to winning races, but he's not the bubbly personality like Rossi. NCB supports Dani because he recognizes in Dani a person that has a drive and will to win and is saddled with a bad rep at times, something he may indentify with; and I support Nicky because he has to work extremely hard to make anything good happen for himself because he wasnt blessed with the talent to make it come easy, and he comes from an area of the country that sometimes gets a bad rep that I can indentify with personally.

All that other crap is two guys enjoying the smack talk.......something we both enjoy.

Heeheeeheeee

17. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

That is damn funny right there, comparing Nicky with NASCAR - awesome!