Law Enforcement FAIL

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by nozzle, May 30, 2010.

1. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
  2. IA-Mike

IA-Mike New Member

Did they stop cars too? If not, they could be in big trouble. It's illeagal to single out one type of vehicle like that.

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Bypassing the usual PR flack and BS that will be associated with this clusterfuck, ten bucks say the chief of the Utah police agency who dreampt this one up is gonna not be too popular with his bosses. IMO, the shit done hit the fan for that ol boy.

LOL:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/May/100530allovernothing.htm

4. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

dumas's who woulda thunk it

5. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I agree Billy, problem with Utah is that the shit hit the fan a long time ago. The fecal matter is now spreading state wide and has only just begun to cover the states tourism with its stink. Good luck Utah, keep it up with ultra-conservitism. I for one, can not wait to never visit Utah again.

6. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Gee, I wonder how many terrorists, rapists, drug dealers, murderers, and child molesters they caught with this grand scheme. But I guess a motorcycle with an aftermarket pipe on it or an expired registration poses a much greater threat to society. Way to prioritize, ass h*les! Welcome to Utah - You are now entering the great state of bass ackwards priorities and pettiness.

7. IA-Mike

IA-Mike New Member

Hasn't New York done a similar thing? I don't see that state as being very conservative. It is just stupid law enforcement.

Keep your political bias to yourselves.

8. Dominator

Dominator New Member

This is one reason that I will never go to Laguna for the Moto GP again. In '05 ten mile traffic jams and when passing the cars cops were busting riders for crossing the yellow lines. Why have an event that brings in loads of cash and then you f##k the visitors?

9. Badbilly

United States
    The side and personal issues that moves like the one in Utah bring up, are hilarious. I am certain the folks at Mazda will be sending out checks to those poor dudes who got nailed for crossing the double yellow outside the race course property. A quick look at a map and a little history will show the differences between the two race courses indicating that one was added to an old Army facility and the other was built from the ground up. Unless things have changed, Mazda is policed by CHP and we all know fucking a well that after any race anywhere there are dudes who just have to play Ricky Racer. Nothin new there.

Gotta be some serious ass chewing going on in Utah of late..

10. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    The only people that like all those bikes in their towns are the hotel, restaurant, touristy business owners. The rest of the general population hates it and is glad when its all over. Most people cant understand for the life of them why anyone would ride a motorcycle and view anyone that does as crazy. I would imagine no one is getting their ass chewed in Utah, except people on motorcycles. While all of this is certainly reason to be pissed if you're on a bike, absolutely none of it should surprise you.

Miller can cry all they want, the reactionaries in Utah couldn't care less. Sure they shut it down after a bit, but they're all somewhere laughing up their sleeves about it, and lip service aside, it will happen again. The only mistake they made in their eyes was tying up traffic. Next time they'll do it without causing a world class jam.

The entire concept of a motorcycle "safety " checkpoint is laughable anyway. What would that consist of? Some one pointing out to you that those things are inherently dangerous? Oh no shit officer, you're right, I'm going to park this thing right now and get myself a cab. Did they have WSBK tech inspectors there? "Hey I noticied that you used green Loctite on those caliper bolts, that should be red"..... Motorcycles that are in an "unsafe " condition for riding perform their own inspections by throwing you off and themselves in a ditch.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  11. Badbilly

United States
    So did you actually ride the bike or just sit on it?

12. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

it was a doughnut truck that flipped over and they had to clean up the mess...

13. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Funny how some shit will just drag a rant right out of a normally laid back guy

14. donald branscom

donald branscom New Member

Map
    If the bike with the after market pipe passes a smog inspection (they don't have them yet) and it was quiet enough then WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ???
    The style is wrong?? Cheeeesssssshhhh!!!

15. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    All most got a inspection sicker today, but the shop ran out. I think I am covered for that one sense I paid the money for inspection and passed just didn't have a sticker yet to give me. That's $100 fine. So pretty soon the bike will be all legal, even though the 2 bos slip does put out more noise then allowed-it sounds prefect to me. Some town in Maine were handing out tickets for noisy exhaust. Harley are way louder than me. But mostly the cops haven't been too bad-could also be no one is really riding very much so far this year. I think , I will ride anyway tomorrow need to get some miles on the M5 Mezlers and heat them up.:whoo::hat:

16. hwyrogue

hwyrogue New Member

Map
    ..holy thread necromancer.

17. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    the way to get cops off your back is make sure all your paper work is perfect which isn't easy any more, insurance, reg, and now the worst inspection sticker-which is mainly a way cops like to give expensive tickets-$100 and up. It took me a month to get my sticker because of all the paper work and bad weather, but now the bike is 100% legal-its also black-the best color for no notice. I also all ways wear a helmet-not req-here. If I get stopped and aren't speeding-I will also complain-and file a lawsuit, so I am a cops nightmare. I doubt they will bother with me a grumpy old man.:spider::pisser::flamer::boxing2::flame::chairshot:

18. Badbilly

United States
    When will you be in Utah? Should we tell the cops to wear steel toe boots for when your bike falls over?

19. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Well boys...try livin there for 5 years. Drove a 10 wheeler there for 4 years and got pulled over six times to have my rig inspected...By the same f*cking cop every time. Felt like I lived in mayberry

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

20. boscoe

boscoe New Member

WTF? Do state's STILL do this kind of crap? Thankfully, Florida shit-canned it decades ago.