Kriega US30 on an 8th Gen

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by bravastar1, Mar 10, 2018.

1. bravastar1

bravastar1 New Member

United States
    Map
    Has anyone used a Kriega US30 system on an 8th Gen VFR800? I would love to see how it was installed. I do not have this set up yet but it does not look like an easy attach to my bike. Comments and pictures will be appreciated.

2. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike New Member

United States
    Map
    I've got a Kriega 20 I put a laptop in on the rear seat commuting. I connect it to the rear seat loops under the seat - works great. I'm not sure about the 30, but I'd assume they'd be similar albeit a bit larger. Let me know if I can help with any questions.

3. Viffer J

Viffer J New Member

United States
    What are the dims of your laptop? Looks like a great bag for that, thanks for the tip

4. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike New Member

United States
    Map
    It's a Macbook Pro 15", so approx 14" by 10". It fits along with a charger, lunch, and a windshirt to put under my jacket. I've never really tried to fill it up, but it works great for this. I wanted a bag that was waterproof in case I got caught in the rain, this is a waterproof rolltop bag that buckles closed and connects to the seat really well - no movement commuting.

Viffer J likes this.
  5. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    https://kriega.com/bikepacks/us-30-drypack , installation instructions at bottom of page.

6. NoMoreSumo

NoMoreSumo New Member

Not specifically the US-30, but I own the US-20 and two US-10's. These bags are awesome all around and would highly recommend the brand. Using your key, remove the rear seat (will not work with the rear seat cowl) and flip it over. There are four loops attached to the seat that are used as anchor points. For me, the two US-10's are then attached to each side of the US-20, or one US-10 attached to the top of the US-20, but only the US-20 is directly attached to the bike.

In the images below, I have one US-10 strapped to the US-20 to give you an idea of what it looks like. The metal hook's in the bag only picture are used to anchor the bag to the bike, by way of those loops on the bottom on the rear seat. If you zoom in on the photo of the bike, you can see the loops on the bottom of the seat that are pulled up and in use. Hope this helps.

34628394970_b3c03874d5_o.jpg 34784544271_c90cf3ccc0_o.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Viffer J and Thumbs like this.
  7. Mach22

Mach22 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yep, I 2nd it being a great bag and very easy setup with our bikes. I've used my Kriega tail bag for 2 years using the mounting straps under the rear seat and have no complaints. It's definitely much better than a backpack! I had a big surfboard kind of laptop (engineering caliber) so it was a heavy beast but the Kriega managed it just fine. The flexibility of the bag is a huge asset as well!

8. Mark McGuinness

Mark McGuinness New Member

Two weeks ago, I just completed the North Coast 500 and a bit more in Scotland - a total of 1070 miles over four days on all sorts of roads and road conditions. My Kriega US30 was securely strapped onto the rear seat attachment points. However, the bag extended off the seat and over the rear cowl/fairing, which then rubbed away the paint. I didn't notice this until cleaning the bike on my return. The paint is rubbed through to the undercoat in places. Had I any clue this might happen, I'd have placed a microfibre cloth underneath the US30 to prevent this issue. Last year I toured Europe on my Kawasaki ER6f and didn't have this problem with the US30 and two US10's attached to it, one on either side. Be careful....

9. bravastar1

bravastar1 New Member

United States
    Map
    Heading out on June 9 from Colorado on a 2800 mile trip with 4 buddies. We are headed to Jackson Hole the first night then will hit Yellowstone,Glacier and parts unknown. Here are my Kriega bags. US 30 on bottom and US 20 on top. Packing light.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Viffer J

Viffer J New Member

United States
    Sounds like a great trip, safe travels!