K & N air filter vs stock

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by mello dude, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Hey - I bought a K&N over the weekend and I noticed that the filters surface area is a good 2 inches less lengthwise (about 24 square inches) less than a stock filter. Has anybody noticed differences (positive or negative) with installation of the K&N? With the stock the Fuel injection venturis are directly below the airflow. With the K&N, the intake is smaller and more centered, and in the venturi area doesnt have a strait shot to the airflow - It has to make a 90 degree turn before the air flows to enter the venturi. This may be much ado about nothing, but I just thought I would ask. I am going to a slip-on and PCII also.

2. jackson

jackson New Member

I did a K&N on my 04 vfr and it lined up fine no difference in size with the exception of approx 1/8 - 1/4 inch thicker than stock. The thickness did not create any problems though... Double ck the K&N conversion numbers to make sure it is the right filter...

3. snowman

snowman New Member

k & n

I just recieved a new k&n for my 90 vfr 750 and it was a direct fit. I can't compare the two because the bike isn't running, but it sounds like you were given the wrong filter. I would double check the numbers.