It followed me home. . .

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Big_Jim59, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Last weekend I did get a chance to ride the VFR up to North East Texas (around Paris). I chased a buddy on his Yamaha Super Tenere. I almost ran out of gas. The Super T has some long legs. It was really nice. We dodged rain showers that kept an otherwise hot day cool.

This week my now “son-in-law” gifted me his street fighterized 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200 with over 60,000 miles on it.

AaronsBandit1.jpg AaronsBandit2.jpg

I don't know what I am going to do with it. It runs really well and has been well cared for. Cosmetically it is faded and dented showing that it has been well used. Mechanically it is in great shape. So far I have un-streetfightered it by putting the OEM fairing back on. I am cleaning and adjusting but it doesn't need much. It even has good tires. I just do not need a 4th bike. I am running out of room in the shop.

2. Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    That engine works really really well in an older slingshot 750 frame

Bucket loads of bottom end in a reasonable handling chassis much better than the old Gsxr 750 slingshot motor

Or big bore it and put some Gsxr cams and carbs in it and easily unleash the 150 rwhp contained inside and keep it looking like a sleeper

3. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Good idea that, but for now I think I want to find some guy, just staring out, the needs a good, all round ride, on the cheap and move it on. It would be such a good first bike.