Is Danny Eslick a serious bag of sh!t, or just an over aggressive d!ck?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by havcar, Sep 28, 2010.

1. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I just finished watching the Daytona Sportbike final in Birmingham, thanks to a DVR. I was particularly interested in Eslicks tactics during the second race, where it looks like he may have let his temperment cost him the championship. It certainly cost Josh Herrin, whom Eslick refused to let pass on several occasions by use of contact and questionable braking methods. Eventually Eslicks methods directly lead to a Herrin crash and basically handed Cardenas a free overall victory. This, despite the fact that Eslick could have won the overall for himself by placing first rather than the second place finish he eventually received.

This was arguably the best race I've seen all year, in any road racing catergory. While highly entertaining, I believe Eslick should, at a minimum, be stripped of his second place finish, therby giving Herrin second in the overall standings. I personally feel that Eslick is a stain, and if I were Josh Herrin I would be thinking along the lines of pyhsical retaliation.

So for you fellow race fans; what are your opinions on this race, and Eslick in general? I know that there have to be some Eslick supporters out there that would say his tactics may have been overly aggressive, but clean.

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I have not seen the race but if it got YOU this worked up I think I need to.

3. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    It's definately worth your time.

I think it's because I suspect intent in Eslicks motives. I can see the M4 Monster team telling Danny that if he would just take Herrin out that they in return could probably find a position for him on their superbike team. It's probably just conspiracy theory garbage, but I never really know when M4 is involved. Why else would Eslick seemingly not care about winning the overall championship?

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, if Herrin's gonna "lean on you from the outside" what do you expect a guy to do??

:pound: :pound:

5. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    "rubbing is racing" or is that only in NASCAR

6. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well I have not seen this race yet, but it is on my DVR.
    I'm watching it tonite and I'll get back to ya.

7. MrDen

MrDen New Member

like havcar, i question eslick's motives, particularly with a championship at stake. a championship which he stated prior to the race that he wanted in order to quiet those who say he won it last year because his bike had an unfair advantage. if his moves vis-a-vis herrin were intentional, then he needs to be removed from racing.

8. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    i saw the race that race too. eslick was being a total jerk. b4 that turn where he bumped herrion off he purposely hit the brakes late and took the turn wide as possible making herrion run off the course. a total jerk move to start with. he was singling out herrion, which i thought was the best racer that day. after being purposely run off the course he was still able to make it back to the front of the pack just to be knocked off the bike by that douche. he raced dirty and the ama will probably strip 2nd place from him

9. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I sense the start of a demotivational motorcycle racing karma poster in the works....

10. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well race one had some bashing in it as well as race 2.
    in race 2 the first time ( before the red flag ) was a tough call, it seems danny had the line but ran deep ( herrin looked like he was running wide already )
    the 2nd time ( after the red flag ) seemed to be the same as the fist move. As a ex racer I did not see anything wrong with the first few passes, they were tight and very close but hey that is racing.
    What was a dirt bag move IMO was when danny parked josh in the turn, geez he looked right at him and just about stopped. I would think that if he had not parked him he ( danny ) might have been able to catch up to MC.
    The last and final move where josh crashed, hmm tough call, could be seen as the same view of a rossi vs stoner move. IMO I think danny stuffed him myself.
    I think the DMG should at the very least look at the move where Danny parked Josh in the corner and maybe issue a fine as well as remove some points.