Introducing myself: Just got a 98

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Morades, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Morades

Morades New Member

Map
    I've been lurking in this forum for a while as I researched possible bikes. Finally purchased a beautiful 98 VFR with only 5.9K on the odometer this Saturday. I look forward to participating in this forum over the next few years as I ride this bike as much as humanly possible.

My last bike was my first real bike, a 2K Suzuki Bandit 600. It was a great little bike for the past four years and taught me a lot about biking. So far the VFR has outshone the Bandit in every possible regard. I love how I feel so much more instantly in tune with this bike. Carving around turns is so much more stable and easy to do. The power is just wonderful, with so much more grunt than the ancient inline 4 600cc motor in the bandit. I have one problem with the bike (clutch issue) that I will ask about in a subsequent thread. Overall, this bike is just amazing and I love the whine of the engine. Also IMHO, it looks so much better than teh 6th generation.

See ya on the road.

2. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    ;D Welcome to the VFR World.

glad you joined us.

Be safe,

RF

3. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Welcome to the madhouse, Morades! I hope you enjoy your bike as much as the rest of us. BTW, nice choice in years, too! ;) "See" ya around.

4. AT

AT New Member

good choice of motorcycle. own a 98 vfr as well. ;D

enjoy the ride