Introducing Myself Again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jackstand Johnny, May 25, 2013.

1. Jackstand Johnny

Jackstand Johnny New Member

Hey everyone. I registered here in 2011 because I had a Suzuki SV650 that I was building for the Custom Fighters 2012 Winter buildoff and I wanted a VFR SSSA on it. Well that ended up never happening and instead I put a GSXR rear wheel on it. Anyways I lost interest with the SSSA thing and wuit coming around here. Fast forward to today where I find myself ready to buy ANOTHER SV650 tomorrow and I'm thinking on doing the swap on this SV instead lol. It's something I always wanted on my bike so maybe this time I'll suck it up and go for it. Anyways I figured I'd go ahead and say hello to everyone again. By the way here some pics of my buildoff bike before I crashed and lost my left leg and broke a bunch of bones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I crashed that bike last October. I hit a Grand Cherokee just about head on and lost most of my left leg. I also shattered my pelvis, broke my left hip, severed the tip off my rleft pinky, crushed my left hand and broke my left hip. 8 months later here I am. I haven't got my prosthetic yet but I'm in the process of rebuilding that bike and when I get my leg I'll be riding again. So that's my new intro. Thanks for reading.

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Respect!

Welcome back to the MadHouse :welcome:.

A couple of years back, I met a guy at a filling station who was out touring the Alps on a trike. Whilst queuing to pay he explained he was hauled from a motorway pile up but refused to give up on biking and settle for a wheelchair, so he just settled down and built a huge custom trike with powered rear loading wheelchair platform, so he did not depend on others, and then set off to see the world. I later passed him on the motorway riding with a big smile and fury...

Whatever you end up building or riding - You take care

SkiMad

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :welcome: back
    Sorry for your mishaps :sad:
    Nice bike :thumbsup:

4. Jackstand Johnny

Thanks guys. I actually just bought another SV650 to cannibalize for parts needed on my custom build. The plan is to get this beater track bike rideable, fabricate and install an electronic shift system and learn how to ride again on a bike I don't mind laying down if I have to. Then when I'm comfortable riding with a robo-leg, I'll swap the parts over to my custom bike and carry on with my life.

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I am very sorry to hear of your accident and the loss of your leg. That is horrible. You seem to have a strong spirit in you, so I am sure that will keep you pushing forward strong on into the future. Thank you for sharing your harrowing experience. Your bike also looked very nice. It looked to be a sweet custom build.

Not sure where you are located, however, if you are ever in SoCal, don't hesitate to look us up. :drink:

May the road rise to meet you mi amigo!

:vtr2:

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Wicked story, sorry to hear it. Got a 90-93 swing arm assembly you can have if you want to fit that up to your bike.

7. wagzhp

wagzhp New Member

United States
    Map
    Damn. Respect!

Good luck with the build. (the old one looked really nice)

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

The utmost in respect to you. I'm sure you'll find a way to get back on your bike, for inspiration check out his guy's story...

[video=youtube_share;TNKuesBVmYs]http://youtu.be/TNKuesBVmYs[/video]

9. Jackstand Johnny

Guys thank you all very much for the kind words. I feel the members of various forums I've told my story to have for the most part seen me at my best. Most of the time I'm in pretty rough shape but I refuse to give up and stop fighting at this point. I'm 26 and am too young to just give up right now. The idea of riding motorcycles again is for the most part, the only thing I've got to hold onto. It's all I want in life right now other than getting laid and not going homeless.

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Wow. What can I say that can offer you inspiration that you have not already shown. Goals and purpose are fundamental targets to shoot for. Keep going Johnny. Failures are just an opportunity for you to learn to do things in another manner. As such, failures are building blocks to achievement. I am sure you are going to excel at this.