I'm Suffering from PMS!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by MrJoelieC, Feb 28, 2007.

1. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Yup up here in New Hampshire I'm suffering from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.) This effects all motorcyclists not just Viffer riders.

It was so bad that this weekend I actually had to start the bike in order to hear the familiar rumble....

There are those that say "Ride your bike anyway!"

Sigh...would that I was confident enough to not have road salt getting up into my nooks and crannies and the current road conditions filled with dirt from previous snow and icy conditions have not washed off with a good hard rain....

Is it March April yet? :frown:

2. jackinthebox4

jackinthebox4 New Member

Map
    :wave: freed of the shackles of winter, I rode to work today.

Ahhh! I finally feel normal again.
    Although it requires some prudence in negotiating the exit ramps for the sake of intermittent black ice, it was worth all the risk.

Here in New Jersey, it's just short of spring.

just removing the Geza covering felt good.

Once the V-4 started up, I felt a rebirth, kinda.

that, and look on peoples faces when you pass 'em at 85 in 30 degrees.

3. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Yep, yep, yep.

Was out of town for about two weeks and there was no snow on the ground when I left. Was thinking I'd be back on the bike in no time. Returned home to find 18" on the ground. Damn! Gotten to the point that I can't pass the bike in the basement with out sitting on it.
    Gonna have to ride the bike accross the back yard to get to the street. I'm just hoping I don't have to wait untill the end of mud season.
    But, I was actually thinking about dragging the bike accross the snow just to go for a ride, but what occurred to me during one of my roller coaster commutes on the back roads was that I'd hate to get settled into a turn just to discover a new 6" tall, or deep, frost heave in the middle of the road. Probably gonna have to wait until the roads flatten back out again.

4. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey not bad in NYC - I have been riding since last Thursday up here in NYC. It has been a little over a week since it was warm enough for me to ride. I try to ride year round and can ride in the winter up to 40 degree days and nights. Sorry to hear about the PMS, but it will not be to much longer. When does it get warm in NH. My sister went to college up there and it was always cold when she was there. I was told that the cops will stop a motorcycle riding in the snow in NH - is that true?

5. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Just wait a few days, the crap I'm getting hit with now is heading your way, 18" of snow over the weekend w/ another 12 projected by friday.:smow:

6. grinder

grinder New Member

Well finally got my fix yesterday. A beautiful day. No insurance on my bike so I paid a visit to my bike shop. A slow day so they let me take a few bikes for a spin. Took out a couch, I know I know ..., I was pleasantly suprised how good a bike it is. I really appreciated the heated grips etc. Then I took out an ST1300. Kind of blah about it. General conclusion. I like my VFR and wished I had been riding her instead. Riding those two bike just reinforced how good a bike the VFR really is and it did get rid of my PMS.

The snow came back last night but spring is on the way. My daffies are starting to flower.

7. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Thanks for trying to cheer us up! :rolleyes: