I'm racist against motorcycles...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Hellapet, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Hellapet

Hellapet New Member

United States
    Map
    Am I alone in the feeling that, with few exceptions, all modern sportbikes look the same? All Harleys look basically the same. All older UJMs look basically the same. If you took the badges off I would really have no idea what I'm looking at unless it's a very distinct model that I'm familiar with.

2. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    not true with the VFR-How many bikes are v fours? Very few and rare bikes. twins and inline four are however mostly the same.:bluesbros:

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    All white people look the same to me.

4. blackvfr

blackvfr New Member

United States
    There only but so far you can go with such a small canvas before you go too far and ruin it. Yeah these moto designers have reached a point of Blah.. Because we have seen prototypes that take design to the extreme but make a shitty ride experience for the average rider. Or they take it to the naked extreme and ya got a toothpick on wheels that only midgets can ride. Anything with a single side swing arm I pretty much dig because its unconventional and shows me that the designers and engineers at least put some flare into the design and its a cake walk to remove the rear tire if a silly looking exhaust is not covering a nice wheel AHEM (BMW) & some 8th VFR's. I do understand what your saying about these current bikes. I have not seen anything on two wheels in a while that got me excited to withdraw bucks from the bank like the 6th gen VFR.

5. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

This is my current situation, looking for something to buy that calls out....have to agree, nothing out there. There are a couple interesting machines, but the manufacturer have a poor track record of keeping the doors open, have had a rash of electronic failures, or they are prohibitively expensive. One very cool bike is the Bimota Tesi 3D, but I am afraid to ask the price......you know what they say....