I'm fed up!

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Alaskan, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    My love/hate relationship with my 1984 VF750F is over. Time to kick it out of the house. The final straw was the 2 blown fork seals - again! :mad: The fork tubes were straightened before I bought the bike, but apparently they are distorted - which I could remedy if I wanted to keep the motorcycle. Which I do not. I am fed up with the niggling repairs, the substandard brakes, the specter of cam failure, and yet another cam tensioner replacement. But, most important, I just don't enjoy riding it up here in Alaska Time to replace it with a small adventure bike - like a 650 GS or a baby V-Strom. Or a supermoto like a DRZ 400.

So, it's gotta go. Trouble is, no one will want to buy a VF750F here in Juneau, especially with distorted fork tubes! Thinking of parting it out.

2. rcb

rcb New Member

United States
    I can understand that. Is it just fork compression via rough roads that are causing the seals to blow? I'm new to the VF world, but on other bikes I switch to progressive springs and 0 psi in the forks to reduce seal replacement. For me it was/is roads in poor condition.

I actually traded my XL600R for a VF700F + some stuff + some cash. I hated to let it go because it was such a fun bike and easy to work on, but the wife needs a bike she can flat foot and something with electric start. The bruises on the back of her calf might have started people asking questions XD

Anyhow, a DRZ I'm betting would be a blast up there.

Sorry for your frustration and good luck on your next bike!

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I loved Juneau when I visisted, I hiked around some wild trails that had these mine shafts and shit. I wish I had a Glock on me though as I was a tiny bit concerned with bears and such. Buy what your heart tells yah! I like wrenching on shit and always have a second bike while one is down. An adventure bike makes a hell of a lot of sense based on your local, I always liked the Kawasaki KLR 650, which is a good road bike and a so-so off road mount. It is also a bike in the need of some up-grades in the engine compartment (something with a cam-lock piece, Doo-hickie comes to mind.)

Anyway, enjoy the summer there and ride safe...over and oot

4. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I understand, all but banned the gen 1 form my house as well.