If You Have A 4Th Gen With A Two Brothers Pipe...

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by WGREGT, May 30, 2014.

1. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    ...I got some questions for you.

My 4th gen has a high mount Two Brothers AL "C" series slip on. The "C" series was round in diameter, not oval.

It fit fine when it was the standard mount, and down low. I found out they made a high mount kit for it many years ago, and I bought that to show off the rear wheel a bit, but....the high mount kit pushes the end tip of the pipe slightly past the rear of the bike some. A couple inches or so. I've lived with it like this for....a decade or more?

Also, the C series is way too large in diameter for my tastes. It's a hair's width from touching the rear outer fender with the high mount kit on it.

I still have the original AL strap as well, not the much cooler rubber one.

I'd like to find a Two Bros oval slip on (which they call M2 in AL, and M5 in...carbon fiber, I think.) But they no longer make anything for this bike.

So, I COULD just find/buy an M2 AL can from any bike, and take it to an exhaust shop and "make it fit" I suppose. Thing is, now they have some sort of system to connect the canister to the mid pipe that does not use a spring (like mine) called a VALE system? Would love to know more/see more about this connection.

If you have one of these Two Bros oval slip ones for this bike, post up. I'd like to get some fotos/diameters/connections and see what I may be dealing with before I commit to this.

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I don't have a pipe to offer you but I can tell you that the VALE exhaust systems utilize a flanged pipe with a fancy machined clamp that attaches to the can with a series of allen head fasteners.

3. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    OK. That helps a bit...

4. Dr. Jay

Dr. Jay New Member

Map
    My '97 has the oval high exit 2 Brothers with the spring attachment. I'm not clear what the exact info you are looking for is though. Let me know if what I've got is what you want info on and I'll try to help out.

5. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Hey doc....sounds like what I need. I'd love to get some fotos of how it looks on the bike, and then I can figure out what pipe diameters I'd need info on. Do you recall if you have the M2 or M5 canister?

6. Dr. Jay

Dr. Jay New Member

Map
    Well, I went out to the shop to take a shot of my oval 2 Brothers high exit exhaust and lo and behold it is the round canister version. Sorry to have misinformed you, in my mind it was oval. For what it is worth, here is what it looks like. The plastic is off because I've been working on the carbs.

Attached Files:

7. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    You, good Doctor, are of no help to me.

HA! That's pretty much the same thing I have. AL strap with fiberglass backing. Round can. The logo on my can is bigger and at the end of the pipe. That's about the only difference I see.

Here's mine. You can see how it sticks past the end of the bike a good bit. The copper colored part at the end is the TBR badge. It is huge.

And you have the hi mount too? From that angle it's hard to tell. Does it look like it's mounted like mine, Doc?

bikes.jpg

8. Dr. Jay

Dr. Jay New Member

Map
    Well, I was 100% wrong about all factors of the exhaust but the Manufacturer! It is the round canister, low mount version. I had never seen a high mount style like yours and since mine is kicked up at the back I thought it was the high variety. The extreme back end of the copper colored part on mine is 2 inches forward of the license plate rather than aft like yours. I agree that the high mount does show off the wheel very nicely, but prefer the overall look of the low mount.

9. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    you people and your side pipes :p

IMG_2300.jpg

10. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    6th gen OEM pipes? How much of a colossal PITA was THAT?! Looks like a different side piece too that has side fins on it?

11. Nitrousva

Nitrousva New Member

Map
    Fromm what I found, most of the Two Bros. cans are 50mm or 2 inches, so you can get another can for another bike and it should work. I've got one from a CBR900 and one from a Yamaha, both fit the Two Bros. pipe. Currently I'm running the Yamaha oval pipe, it does give extra clearance on the side, but it's taller. I've also shortened it, which might be a option for you.
    R

IMGP0078.jpg

IMGP0080.jpg

12. Hey its me

Hey its me New Member

It sounds like Mine is exactly what your talking about. I looked on google, but I cant find any info on what series mine is, or how old it is.

[​IMG]

13. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Is that a two bros canister on yours? I don't think I have ever seen an all black one like that. Yours looks round, like mine, right?

Anyhow, that's the same setup I have now: two bros system, high mount adapter, and a round two bros can. I'm looking for a two bros OVAL can to fit on mine, or at least get some dimensions from someone with the set-up I'm looking for.

14. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Well, what I'd rather do is get a two bros can from any other bike and try to fit it to the two bros pipe I have. Any idea if they are all the same dimension, and inlet pipe dimension?

15. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    I have a Two Brothers Racing low mount oval on my 4G. I'd go out and snap a picture of it for you, but I am in SC and the bike is in VT. I can't wait to get it down here!!! I have since removed the passenger pegs and 'fabricated' a mount for it.

I hope that this link works:
    252648_3373227409769_1078100091_n.jpg

16. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    yeah, that link worked just fine. Thanks.

Drop me a note when you get it home and I'll ask you for some measurements on it and maybe a few closer fotos, if that's OK.