I used to like people from Oregon! Beware, long post!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, May 29, 2017.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    After yesterdays ride up to Wyoming and really enjoyed the 72-63 degree ride. I decided to go back up 1-80 to Park City, Ut from Salt Lake. I had a water bottle on the left side of my tank bag. It fits with only about an inch or two sticking out from the zipper. I got caught between to semi trucks and the turbulence was shaking me pretty bad and had a Kia SUV behind me. The bottle got shaken loose and went flying out. I was pissed and concerned about it hitting the Kia behind. I did not see the outcome, but I now know that it must has pissed them off like I did it on purpose. Or they really hate litters on the freeway. After clearing the semis at 80mph and then slowing to 75 this asshat sped up to 90 0r so being a ways back to pass me, moved over into my lane and adjusted so that I was inline with the passanger and they threw out a water bottle directly at me with intent to hit me.

Really! FUCKING OREGON SUV. It missed me by me swerving out of the way! If that bitch bottle hit me in the head at 80mph I could be dead (I was being a squid not having my helmet on, Yes I am a dumbass once in while)! I was so shocked and so pissed that (not really, but Kinda :chaingun:) wished that I had my .9mm in the tank bag. I kept my cool and just stayed with them and a little behind. I did not want to escalate the situation (being side swiped by a cage is a fight no bike will win), but did want to let them know that I was going to follow them. I think that they must of known that almost everyone in Utah has a gun (they do, but do not carry) or was calling UHP with the plate and waiting. They stayed even until the next exit and did a three lane cross to take it and get out of our original path. Adrenaline was so High that I did not even focus to get the plate # to make a report to the UHP and followed up with Oregon. I'm going to the Gun Range right now. I Downloaded some rear shots pictures of Kia SUV and a few shots of Oregon Plates and photo-shopped them together and printed them with a bulls eye on both of the passenger and driver side! I would never shoot someone unless I had to, but at least I can miss the bull's-eye and put a few holes in the car or the tire! May Karma find these two and do it's best with them. Happy Memorial Day. I could have been one to remember next year! God Bless our Veteran's and lost defenders!

2. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    People are crazy and they suck.
    Wear yer fuckin helmet dood. :der:

3. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Sorry Bubba, but when I reached the part about no helmet and 80mph............

4. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    When a cop doesn't witness anything, they can't write a citation but in many locales, road rage is treated as domestic violence is treated.....someone or both parties will get arrested if the cop is called out. As far as the gun part, I'm good with carrying guns but using one for that incident will get you in prison. Just go drink a couple of beers and chill out. It isn't the country it was when we were kids. Agree with no others on no helmet. I don't even see how people ride without earplugs.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    There's pay back. By tossing a bottle of water at you, those folks from Oregon lost a ten cent refundable deposit on the bottle.*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

6. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    Understandable that you were still fuming right after the incident but having the benefit of a nights sleep remember that the actions of some knuckleheads probably reacting to a misinterpretation does not represent the entire state of Oregon. The actions of some moron bikers have made us the recipients of unwarranted animosity that we did nothing to provoke and in those cases we were stereotyped into something we had nothing to with. Better to remember to thank the forces that helped you avoid what could have been an ugly or even deadly incident. You are alive, whole and have an undamaged bike, that alone should put a smile on your face. Let Karma take care of the rest. Enjoy your Day!!

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Go post up the plate # at pnwriders and let them know to be on the look out.

8. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Oregonians Bubba. If it makes you feel any better we have more than our fair share of crazy drivers here in Florida too - here's a recent example :beguiled:

[video=youtube;is4kjGv5FCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4kjGv5FCU[/video]

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

This is one reason I like having cameras on my bikes. Not only does it give you a chance to relive some great riding experiences, and sometimes share them with others, it can provide evidence against ass hats like this. Unless you made gestures with your hands making it look like you did this on purpose, for them to think so is ridiculous. I do get that after the immediate incident would give anyone a certain amount of rage, my second instinct is to get the description and license plate of the vehicle.

Not to get too high on the soap box but for gods sake man ATGATT! You never know when shit can happen!

10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    So what I learned from all of this.... Don't carry your water bottle in your tank bag.

11. Badbilly

United States
    When shit can happen can be kind of known if ya have prune juice in your water bottle. If this is SOP, having a GPS with rest stops on the slab showing, can be as handy as having a camera IMO.

80MPH and no helmet? WhooHoo!! That's harleydoodshit.

12. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    One thing that can sometimes help is to relay some kind of "my bad" or "sorry about that" communication with the other person/vehicle. If they thought the water bottle coming at them was intentional, it might sound reasonable to them to return the favor.

13. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    One passenger in a KIA with Oregon plates is probably an insufficient sample size upon which to base an opinion about all Oregonians.

14. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Do Oregonians taste like Oreos?

15. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I just should have not been a squid and wore my helmet. One ride and a mistake of judgement could have ended very badly! I'm over it now, so I like the other 99.99999.01% of people from Oregon again!:triumphant:

16. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    ATGATT

Had to ride once without my helmet because some cut mine off the bike, never again.

17. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    yaay!

18. Badbilly

United States
    All is forgiven. You may now return to the fold, but first this musical interlude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amDo-KqUjpA

19. John O

John O New Member

United States
    Map
    Bad incident, and I would be angry too. I've quit riding on patriotic weekends after being forced off the road head-on by a pickup at 60 mph in New Mexico. Too many drinking drivers and too many radar cops. My ride's next week (if the rain breaks) and I anticipate a pleasant trip over the Cascades.

Speaking of Oregoneans, that's the only state where people flash their headlights at you just because you're going fast - no cops anywhere, I swear it. And it's full of Subaru and Prius drivers - aargh! (That's my rant for the day.)

20. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    Yep. Came out to find helmet no longer on helmet lock. Cut d ring on office garage floor. Helmet gone. :chaingun: