I need you input please

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by speed, Apr 25, 2008.

1. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello everyone,
    I have been debating if i should even do this or not, but i have a deal cooking and need your advice. so how much would you say my motorcycle is worth ? it is a 1986 Honda Interceptor VFR750F, it has a 840 cc big bore kit and was built by a very reputable company in Canada ( dynamo humm ) they build custom race motors for road race bikes well they use too now they just sell engine kits. i changed the forks and put some inverted forks off of a 1994 Suzuki GSXR 1100 with custom triple clamp, both front and rear wheels are also from the 94 GSXR so i could have a wider tire in the read and 17" with Pirelli tires.
    The Exhaust is from a 900ss ducati with duel carbon fiber cans, the seat was reupholstered with sweetish foam and two tone blue and white to match the bike like the seat cowl was on, and i also have the stock seat s cowl, the bike also has the gsxr front brakes with two, six piston brake calipers and sodium filled floating rotors in the front, the rear is a stock two piston caliper and a stainless steel and laser-cut rotor, and both the front and rear brakes are independent of each other.
    I have hung on to this bike because i for one have alot of money into it but it just handles great and responds great too, I was offered $5,500 for it a year ago by two people and turned it down but ? so whats it worth $$$$
    and thank you everyone for all your support with my daughter. Tim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Dude that is truly a one of. So that being be hard to say what a good value is to you. First off thought, I'd say that $5500 was a sound offer, but thats me. One of the things that hurts this bike is the mods, even if it was for the better, I totally know what you where up to. I Like what you have done makes sense too. looks first rate. But these bikes are getting hard to find and stock seems to pull around $3000-3500 for a clean one. Take a 50% hit off the mods then add the difference is where I'd start. hope that helps. just my 2cents.

3. JTC

JTC New Member

United States
    Map
    A wise man once told me "its only worth what you can sell it for."

To a collector looking for stock... probably not very much.:frown:
    To someone looking for a vintage race bike already complete... $5000 sounds about right.
    To a low baller like me... $2250.:yield:

4. koggs

koggs New Member

Sir, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. 3 yrs old. ...I can't even imagine your pain. I will certainly pray for her. God is good bro. Never lose sight of that during this time. Be strong she'll need to see your strength.
    Bike: 5500 sounds fair, but I'm not the one who put the time and $ into it either :) gl with the sell.

5. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    yep i agree with 'its worth what some one will pay' and as a retail salesman myself i would say that your pitching to 2 distinct markets here, given the bikes age. its very tidy and well thought out ( a credit to you) but the age i think pitches it towards buyers looking for older model year for lower price OR the collector/restorer market. clearly the later gives a better return and therfore the trick is to definately market to the collector market( who will better understand and appreciate its true value). i think the mods do hurt it a bit
    even tho they look mint and are well executed. are you able to offer the original parts with it as well? this is a good ploy if you can as it adds value.
    lastly i think to get max price youll need to sell 'sizzle over sausage' so were talking Rarity, condition, racing heritage and all that.

good luck. id have it my garage any day.:thumb: :wave:

6. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, I would have to agree with you all its only worth what the market will bear,
    i know that i will never get what i have into it nor am i asking for that. i just wanted to see what your thoughts were ? and thank you for your input. I sometimes wish i had of taken the $5,500.
    However it is a blast to ride and i get complements every where i go .

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'd have to agree with the guys. $5500 is a hellu good offer for a bike that old. The mods don't usually add unless they happen to be exactly what a particular person was looking for. If you are lucky enough to find that guy, then by all means try and get as much as possible. Keep in mind, though, after you get the $$ and buy your new to you 5g VFR, you're gonna want to mod it to suit again. :smile:

8. Mac

Mac New Member

If I had to sell it, I would have jerked their arm off, for $5500. I don't mean any harm, but if I wanted it, $3K.

Mac

9. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    I know, i could kick myself, but maybe i have a better deal cooking ? i hope ??

10. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    so is it canadian or US $? that makes a differnce.

Price is what you feel comfy with. There are things no one on this list knows about what you and that machine have been through. In the end, it's a bike. There are other bikes. You could get the bike again from the buyer if you agreed to it... that's not unheard of. It depends if you have the coin to hang on to it

11. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    oh, i dont need to sell it im ok with the money i just was making a trade for something else and its worth $7,000 ? and yes i could all ways build a nother one thanks nozzle

12. My25thVFRVision

My25thVFRVision New Member

Maby this helps

I sold my 86 700 a year ago with around 42,000. It had a few mods and mostly new Plastic for $3000.00. Last month the guy crashed and totaled it insurance payed off $3500.00 on it!

13. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    OK i put my deal together with out the bike being invavled, so now i want to offer it for sale so .... if someone is interested in owning it please let me know.
    i hate to do it but its my loss and a fun bike to ride, PM me for more details

14. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    Well, you going to tell us??? What did you trade for? Must have been something cool.

15. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    a motorhome for the for the family vacation but i found a different one and just paid cash the other deal was the bike and cash, i might have screwed up a bit.. i have a bid on another one on a auction man i hope i don't win now

16. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    lookit speed gettin crazy. slow down, bro. don't wanna blow a fuse.
    God's not too big to care about these things too. Pray about it, it will work out.

17. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Speed, you have something unique and beautiful. Not sure I would sell it.

MD

18. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    hey guys, i guess i look at things differently now, God, Family and friends, i just don't need all these bikes, the quads and one street bike stay
    ( 2000 VFR800 of course ).

19. hans750

hans750 New Member

Will pray for your family. I KNOW how important it is.

20. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    With gas prices the way they are, I'll bet you can get a pretty sweet deal on a motorhome.