I had to help him...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by risgett, Sep 24, 2012.

1. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    My wife and I went up to our place in the mountains this weekend. The weather was awesome and she let me get in some motorcycle rides while we were there.:cool: As we are leaving to head home late yesterday, we meet a guy walking across the bridge and he waves me down. Asks if I have jumper cables and I tell him not with me but I do right up the hill. I ask him where his car is, and he informs me he is on a bike. Well now it's official, I have to help a fellow biker. I drive back up and get the jumper cables and tell my buddy that runs the campground that I'm going to help a stranded biker. He's like me and appreciates all kinds of bikes, so he goes with me so we can see what kind of bike the guy is riding. We cross the bridge and look left and there is a beautiful 74 Triumph sitting there. He had changed it over to elec ign and the battery had taken a complete crap. We shot the shit with him for a few minutes while working on the bike. Turns out he's local and now we have someone new to ride with.:smile: Got him running and my wife and I followed him most of the way to his house to make sure he made it, since we were going that way anyway. That thing sounded sweet echoing through the mountains. It was a great end to a great weekend.

Attached Files:

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Awesome. One thing about motorcyclist is that we are eager to help our brothers in need. The other day I saw a Harley rider on the side of the road standing next to his bike which had a flat rear tire. Traffic was moving about 5 MPH and I was splitting lanes when I saw him, so I moved closer to him and asked if he was OK and needed any help, he gave me the OK sign so I continued on my way. Not sure there would have much I could do for his flat tire, but thought I would see if he at least needed a phone to call someone.

3. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Imagine that, an older English bike with electrical issues... that never happens! :smile:

Good for you! I also pull over whenever I see a bike in possible distress, although most of the time it's just somebody taking a break or adding/removing layers of clothing.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    YOu're a gentleman. Good for you. Nothing like having people about to lend a hand when you are mechanically deprived.

5. pacemaker

pacemaker New Member

Map
    Onya mate, what goes around, comes around. Don't know how many times, either alone or with a friend, pulled over on the side of the road to have break. And there is always a rider that pulls up to see if there is a problem.

6. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    I've been on the helping on of a couple on a 'Wing from Georgia in NE Illinois. I was in my car and carried the luggage for them to follow to get a tire replaced. And the passenger.