I found it

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Big_Panda, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    I found the best motorcycle road I've ever ridden. Better than mulholland, better than latigo. It was a good road surface, clean, zero intersections, no homes/driveways no traffic (other than other motorcycles) and no cops (and a long ways from any cops). Mil Potrero highway (CA 95) in the pine mountain region of southern california. West of Pine Mountain Club between the 166/33 and the city of Pine mountain club. Just a giant flowing ribbon of pavement with elevation changes, sweepers and, straights. Its too bad its more than an hour away from me, luckily its a great ride to get there and back.

Here it is:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....-119.4726899,33087m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I'm glad you found my road. Now stay off of it! :wink: I kid, yeah this is a really cool road and one that is part of a route we call the Fast 400. We call it that because for us in the OC, the route is close to 400 miles round trip. We do the ride at least once a year and we have a few other roads you might like that are part of the route. Hopefully we can set up a run soon and we'll set up and invite.

3. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds right. Even for me leaving from Simi I rode almost 300 miles round trip (277 miles). I took it easy and it was a 9 hour day but that includes 2 45 minute stops and a couple other shorter stops for food gas stretching etc. Definitely let me know when you do the $ast 400. I would be all over that.

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice, love to look at roads somewhere else, gets me dreaming and thinking, now that said, wow, that 33 heading out of Ojala looks like a good one too.

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

33 is a great road! If you ever come down here, you should make it a destination.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Got addicted to Hwy 33 back in 84 when I bought my Interceptor. ...think that's why I absolutely LOVE high speed sweepers. Glad ya had a great time B.
    Did ya go alone?

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Too many good roads in Socal, ya jaded bastids. :eek:nthego: From your description kind of sounds like the Cherohala Skyway, which is a 40 mile run with no facilities or houses the whole way. Pretty much all sweepers.

My favorite ride in SoCal is still 190 between Springville and quaking aspen. Rapid fire corners for approx 20 miles., have to remember to breathe. No cops, 55 mph posted. Little to no traffic on weekdays.

Unfortunately for the Cherohala, it's close proximity to "The Dragon" means the lunacy is metastasizing it's way over. They put up tons of fancy warning signs for riders from Florida. Probably the most well marked corners I've ever seen on any road. Especially the NC side. This one here even had a dedicated motor cycle parking lot just so the old cruiser riders could pull over and read it with their glasses. How do I know this? This fancy sign was preceded by an even bigger fancy sign warning of this upcoming sign. :crazy:

[​IMG]

8. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    Indeed that is a fantastic road. Majority sweepers and can pretty much pull 60mph the entire way to the lockwood valley cutoff. Fantastic road as well. Im quite pleased that the 33 is the road I have to go on to get to my favorite road. It should all be a destination for anyone with a bike.

Ducc yeah I posted a thread about it but there wasn't any one that could go. Honestly it was a really good solo ride. I had a great time.

9. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    Ducc you been addicted to the 33 longer than I have been alive! Old man!

10. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Telling ya, just put in that hour past Bakersfield.

[​IMG]
    Looking down at corner in above photo:
    [​IMG]

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ouch......sonny boy

12. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ooo..... what a take down. but ya know what, thats one I'd be proud of. he wasn't even thought of, and you wee ripping it up tada..

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What makes Ca. roads so good is they don't frez, well maybe some do, but up here over time the frozen ground just plays havoc with em. Hence watch out for the cracks and frost heaves here. but hell yes, that's what I'm talking about. N Ca is loaded with em, and thats only a days ride away. I need to get my priority's in order.

14. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Now that's nice! Can only dream! Nice pictures V4to Tour. Rapid fire tight turns with some camber shifts, and elevation, without frost heaves, pot holes, or tar snakes!

15. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Maybe we could talk Reggie into including this in the ride next year.

16. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    Got music? Play some Buck Owens through there for inspiration!

17. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Man, I can't say enough about the roads in the Black Hills. It's like they were designed for motorcycles - paved, smooth, no pot holes, and very rare to find debris or loose gravel/sand on them.

And those hairpin turns ....

18. OOTV

OOTV Insider

This looks like a different section of the highway but it's funny what you can find on YouTube!

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pwDC4GyxSRE[/video]

19. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    That's the wrong 190, well the wrong side of it anyway. Look at google maps at Springville heading east. It's terminus is at Quaking Aspen campground at the top of the sierra Nevada.

This road:
    [video=youtube;NG4iqAxv5Qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4iqAxv5Qc[/video]

20. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yeah I assumed that. A couple of years ago we went up in that area but don't recall if we went on 190. Did quite a few roads up there and went into Kings Canyon and a few roads less travelled, or maintained for that matter! Quite a bit of riding up there. Probably going up to the Sierras again this year so maybe we'll add this road to the journey.