I ❤ Sena

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by rvmiller, Mar 16, 2017.

1. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I have / had been shopping for a new helmet and finally found one on eBay after a couple of local shops didn't have what I wanted. My original plan was to order new internal parts & bracket for my SMH5 (which I love) and continue to use it. I was also considering upgrading to a new Bluetooth unit just because.
    While searching eBay, I came across a Refurbished 20S for @ $150- guaranteed​ to work, then they dropped the price to $138. So Hell yes I bought it. It didn't work well at all- Music cut in & out and I was never able to make a call. The eBay dealer told me that I could get a full refund no problem.

Before I returned it, I decided to contact Sena to see if they could help:

#1. The original serial number on the box (which I registered with Sena) was not the actual serial number on the unit. Sena said no problem and updated my record.

#2. Sena was super responsive via email to all my questions and then the Tech called me.

#3. Sena policy: Warranty begins after the purchase (and registration); good for two years

#4. And even though it was refurb, the Tech said ok: Your 20S is malfunctioning, we will give you a RMA, and ship you a new one...

I didn't expect that at all. This process took about a week and of course they did wait until they received my broken 20S before shipping the new one.

I got an email confirmation from the "Sena store" that my 20S had been purchased on 3/9/17; Balance due $0.
    Then a follow-up email for shipping.

My 20S arrives today and I'm​ looking forward to getting it up and running in my new Lid

I will post up some pics of my new setup later tonight

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Cool. Always good when a manufacturer backs up their products, especially on a refurb unit. A lot of the refurbs do not have a warranty, or at the very least a much shorter one.

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I have dealt with the peeps at Sena a couple of times and they are right up there for customer service. When my present sena decides to pack it in if it ever does, I have no hesitation at looking seriously at what they have on the market then.

4. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    I love my 10c and this gives me confidence in buying from them again. It's nice, but also a shame to be pleasantly surprised by stories of great customer service. Seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Glad you had a good experience with them.

5. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]

Christmas in March

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

6. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]