Howdy from Texas

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Awesomeaustin, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Awesomeaustin

Awesomeaustin New Member

Just recently got my 94 vfr 750. honestly have not seen another vfr yet. Pic attached ill upload a better one later. Shes completely stock.

Attached Files:

2. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Howdy! Another Texan here. Nice looking bike. Looks like it has been well maintained. That year have the cam gears? Love to hear the whine of those. Nice weather, but hot, and still good time to go riding. You will have fun on it. Enjoy

3. 2wheelrush

2wheelrush New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes welcome and that's a nice looking bike. Bought my 94 in august of 2013 . Great bike. Up for sale now cause I got an 02.

4. Awesomeaustin

Awesomeaustin New Member

Thanks guys! Yes this bike has been extremely "babied" and it is the cam driven year. It has is hot out here and this thing is a blast to ride! Although I think I could use a new exhaust just my personal taste to be a bit louder. :livid:

5. crector15

crector15 New Member

Hi, New from Kennewick Wa. I just bought a 05 vfr800 with 40000 miles on her. Does anyone know if there are any major concerns at this point? Also I hear that the PR4 tires are a good choice for replacement tires.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

6. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I am newbie too but have learned that it is customary, for those new to the forum, to post pics of your bike as everyone here likes pics....including me.

7. crector15

crector15 New Member

Will post when I get back from vacation. None on my phone. Should be on by Friday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

8. H3nry

H3nry New Member

United States
    Map
    Howdy from Pflugerville. The VFR is great for early morning hill country rides. You'll enjoy it.

9. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Howdy!

AH, you are down there fairly close to the three sisters. Ever ride those? Have some friends that love to go there but I have never been. One day, will make it down there.

10. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

Wow, do you guys living up in the hill country know how good you have it? We went camping in Bergheim over July 4th weekend, on the drive up I wanted to see some of the devil's backbone since we were going to be so close. We got off 10 in Luling and headed up thru San Marcos, we passed the Devil's Backbone Tavern so I know we were on the right road, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting. Pretty views, but not as twisty as I thought it would be.

After getting off the devils backbone we got on a road that was twisty and what I was expecting, I think it was 473.....had the wife pretty scared on that road, kids loved it, and I was wishing I was in something a little more sporty than a 2007 Ford Explorer loaded up with camping gear. I've gotta get back up that way on a bike someday!

I love the Texas hill country, sure it's hot but I'll take it over the rotten swamp butt Houston area any day! At least the nights in the hill country cool off and the mornings are great!

But the roads! Must be amazing on a bike up that way. Around here it's flat and straight....no curves....no hills....just flat and straight as far as you can see. Ugghhhh.

11. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

12. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
  13. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Shit Howdy and welcome.
    Thats awesome how ya stand the bike up like that to save space. ;)

14. OOTV

OOTV Insider

About the only thing that would be a concern is the stator. These tend to cook after so many miles. The R/R would be second, especially if the stator is gone or going out. Valve checks would have/should have been at 16k and 32k but many argue that it's not worth the effort, even some Honda mechanics! Do a search for "the drill", you will find the testing procedure for the stator and R/R.

If the bike is used, I would check or just flush/fill all the fluids, oil, coolant, clutch/brake fluid and make sure the brake pads are good. Note that if you plan on doing any of these yourself, the Honda Service Manual has all the info you need. I have a copy that I can send you a link to, so if you don't have it and would like it, send me a PM.

As far as tires, the PR4 is an excellent choice, especially if you plan on doing a lot of commuting/touring with some twisty stuff thrown in to round off the edges.

If you haven't done so already, create an intro post and be sure to post a pic of your ride.

Cheers

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Oh yeah, almost forgot....Welcome to The World Awesomeaustin! Nice looking ride, although I have to rotate my screen to view it.