How to insert a picture in a message on VFRWorld

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by reg71, Aug 26, 2008.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    ***NOTE*** The picture must already be on the internet. It can be on VFRWorld, Photobucket, etc. In general the less places the message links to, the faster it will load, though. ****

1. Click the yellow postage stamp icon that has a gray mountain on it in the message window.

[​IMG]

2. Click ok when you have the URL typed in or chosen. That's it you are done.

***NOTE*** The following steps are for those who do not know the URL of their image on VFRWorld.

1. Find the picture in your gallery on VFRWorld and right click it to make the menu appear:
    [​IMG]

2. From the drop down menu select "Properties" and you should see something similar to this:

[​IMG]

3. Highlight the text where it says location and copy it to clipboard (hit CTRL-C or right click and choose "COPY")

[​IMG]

4. Now you have the location of the picture that you wish to display. Go back to the insert picture procedure and paste the URL (CTRL-V or right click and hit paste)

[​IMG]

5. Click Ok, and you should see the image in your message unless there was an error.

[​IMG]

That's about it. It is a little daunting for the first time or two, but then it is no big deal. The most common errors are incorrectly listing the location of the file. For example when you copy the location of the file, it already has "http://" in the copied text so if you paste it into the location window without clearing the "http://" that is already there, it will be listed twice and your image will not be found.

Let me know if this tutorial is adequate as we frequently are trying to streamline the process around here to make things easier for new users.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. supertex

supertex New Member

I normally just go to attachment button and upload from my CPU. I think the file sizes are about 78kb in jpeg. I haven't used the url very much, I'll try that. :wink:

Thanks

3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Hey, I'm in that pic...I'm famous!! Woo hoo!!! hahaha

I prefer to upload them to photobucket (or whatever your fancy is) and hot link them with the URL address.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I used to do that but noted that on occasion the lag between the sites would delay the occasional photo. also vfrworld trims the pics down some so unless I really want them to appear bigger I let vfrworld force crop them so it doesn't make the screen wider than my display like in some peoples big ass pics...

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

I figured you'd get a kick out of that. No telling how many people will see that over the years...

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    LOL just what Jason needs, more exposer :wink: Hey I like my photos BIG! Now if only I can get a handle on up loading Videos.

7. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Thanks Reg for the instruction.................Hope to see you all again soon.

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    you know long, I have been meaning to make a run down that way for some time. I have never seen san diego. that's a shame seeing as how it's only 5 hours give or take from here. if I can find a couch or two to crash on I may make my way down there this winter and do a writeup for all those back east who have to put their toys away...

p.s.

If I come down there, we are going to TJ since I have never been to Mexico... just a heads up... (me like the tequila)

p.s.s. (no pics allowed in TJ)

9. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    The door is open........

Reg, You know my door is always open for you and your family. It would be great for you guys to come down south. I am sure those east coast will be Jealous (Is that sound right). We will show them how to party....hehehe:ncb::cheersaf:

10. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the tip Reg. Been wanting to post pics this way but didn't know how.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    There is a shortcut that I didn't mention so as not to confuse people but if you are using Firefox when you right click the image one of the options is "copy image location" if you select that, you can go directly to the part where I say to hit CTRL-V or Paste. It skips a couple steps that way. Once you try it you'll see it's much easier. I greatly prefer Firefox when I'm doing my writeups with lots of pics.

12. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I only use firefox. thanks reg.