Honda side cases and aftermarket exhaust?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Rich Warfield, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    First test ride today with newly installed Honda side cases and the GPR exhaust. I noticed after just a short ride around the neighborhood, that the bottom of the case (metal part) was so hot I could not touch it with my hand! Anyone else running aftermarket exhaust and the stock side cases and can comment on how hot the bottom of the right case can stand before there is damage?

I'll add that the DB killer is not installed currently. I plan to install that and run another test tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Rich

Attached Files:

2. 2027Matt

2027Matt New Member

United States
    Map
    I have a GPR exhaust but different model. Loosen all the clamps on the exhaust and make sure it is pushed down as far as it will go. A little extra gap between the exhaust and side case makes a big difference. Outside is hot but inside is not that hot.

3. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    Thanks, I’ll see if there is more adjustment to the pipe. The bag hit the exhaust at first install so I’ve adjusted it for clearance. Hopefully there is some more room to lower it.

4. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    Lowered the pipe some so it cleared the bags and after completing a 1,000 mile trip between Charlotte and Gettysburg, I think it'll be fine. The bags do get hot from the pipe, but no more than the top when in the direct sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great Guy likes this.
  5. Carlw180

Carlw180 New Member

United States
    My bike has a Two Bros. pipe that is meant for the bike with luggage. I just got the bike and haven’t put any miles on it yet but there is plenty of clearance and the exhaust exits past the bag. 19DDB1B2-75C0-45FA-9D7E-4D67918A59FD.jpeg

6. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    Very nice! That's a good look and seems to clear nicely. I've since removed mine again to replace rear tire and after adjusting the pipe even more, I have plenty of clearance now.

7. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    I need a couple pics from the under side, best I have at the moment

[​IMG]

Carlw180 likes this.