Hey everyone, joining the team from VA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SupermotoJesus, Feb 7, 2021.

1. SupermotoJesus

SupermotoJesus New Member

United States
    Map
    I just picked up my yellow 2000 VFR a few weeks ago but haven’t got around to it much since it’s been cold out. Just over 15k and runs like a top. I’ll post some pics once I can make it past the snow to my garage. I’m looking forward to being a part of the discussion here and I’m sure I’ll have some questions to field everyone sooner or later.

As for the bike, she’s stock minus a one tooth drop on the front sprocket and a FMF slip-on. I love the current setup but I’m definitely on the lookout for an 8 spoke wheel to get the look how I want it. I’m also in the market for a new exhaust. I accidentally posted prior to properly introducing myself, in search of a Wolf system. (Yea I hear it’s a long shot). The FMF is nice and has a good tone but is just a little on the quieter side for my tastes. I hear Staintune is a great option, albeit rare as well. Mainly I want to get something that is a high mount to show off my (hopefully 8 spoke) rear wheel. Once again, thanks for allowing me into the group.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Well. Even though you have not formally introduced yourself, welcome anyway. The yellow are a bit of a rare breed I think. I think your will enjoy it. Unfortunately Staintune has closed its doors in Australia so getting a system for your bike is going to be a tremendous task I believe. But I think they are the nicest sounding exhaust out there. I wished I had changed mine over from OEM way back in or around 06 when I bought mine brand new.

Keep an eye out in our classifieds for that 8 spoke. They do show up from time to time but be prepared for some sticker shock.

BTW. Pix or it did not happen.

3. Pnoyryder

Pnoyryder New Member

United States
    Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new purchase and yes the yellow is a rare bird. I personally like the FMF Apex exhaust myself and have been looking for a long time since they've discontinued it. Good luck on the 8 spoke as well, it took me more than 2 yrs to finally get one but I love it on my 2007 25th Ann. VFR[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pi-on and Samuel like this.