Hello VFRW

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 01ragtop, Mar 31, 2015.

1. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Hello all,

Last Wednesday, I purchased a 2014 VFR Deluxe. This is the first time I have ever purchased a new bike (holdover), so I've never taken a bike through the break in period before. Almost 600 miles on the odometer now, so first oil change is tomorrow.

I own a ZX7R and a Harley Wide Glide. My wife and I use the Harley for day trips together, and even did a 5 day trip up the coast from San Diego to San Francisco, over to Sac, and down through Yosemite once. Other than that, I never ride the Harley, so I was looking for something I could have fun on in the twisties, and something we could ride two up on for some day and overnight trips.

I had never ridden a VFR before, but my brother had a '96 VFR, a 2006 Sprint, and ZZR1200, and he can't say enough good about the VFR. Basically, on his word alone, I decided to buy one. I was a little concerned that it might not be everything that he claimed, and the VFR had a lot of boxes to check for me to be happy. It had to handle good enough in the twisties that I can sell the ZX7R. Check; I can still keep up with my sportbike riding buddies for the most part, and once I get a little more time in the saddle, I'll be back up front again. The ZX7R is going on Craigslist as soon as I pull the Penske off of it. It had to be comfortable 2 up. Check; the wife claims it is more comfortable than the Harley, and I am comfortable with her on board as well, so the Harley goes on Craigslist this weekend. It needed to commute well. Check; easily better than either of my other bikes in this category. I was also worried about it feeling like it was down on power compared to the ZX7R, and it is a bit, but not so much that it really bothers me. Check. There are some other boxes as well, but you get the point.

In short, I am more excited about this bike a week into ownership than I was the night I rode it home. The wife and I took it for another little spin tonight just because we love it so much. We are both grinning ear to ear.

OK, I'll shut up and post what you really wanted to see:

20150330_191319.jpg IMG_0745.jpg

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi and welcome to the MadHouse:welcome:

Congratulations on adding photos with your first forum post :thumbsup: - certainly the new 800s look stunning in White. So far I have only heard good things about the 8th Gen bikes and hopefully the VFR will be your first choice ride for many happy years.

When you get a chance you may want to update your forum profile (Forum actions + Edit Profile) to include the specs of your VFR and an approximate location - city/state is fine - so this information appears automatically alongside all your posts. You may also want to browse the general section of the forum and the trips and events section. If you are feeling brave you might find http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/47831-2015-R3-Reggie-s-Roundhouse-Roundup is a great way to meet up with other VFR owners.

Take care

SkiMad

3. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats on the purchase. If/when I buy a new VFR, it will be a white one too.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    I also had a ZX-7, and--unlike any VFR--it was terribly uncomfortable after an hour of riding !!!