Hello from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David Perry, Jun 12, 2022.

1. David Perry

David Perry New Member

United States
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I don't currently own a VFR yet but will at some point. I have always been a fan of them though since the beginning. I currently ride a 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe and a 2006 SV1000S. What I'd like to find at some point is an 06 or up 6th gen VFR. Just want to learn what to look for as far as know issues and what not since every bike has them. 55390030.jpeg IMG_3862.jpeg

Viffer J likes this.
  2. fsae99

fsae99 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello and welcome!

3. Grum

Grum New Member

Australia
    Hi David and Welcome.

The 6gens are a great bike but they do have a few issues. Charging system and associated wiring can be problematic, the odd CCT can cause some timing chain slap, and if the brake fluid has not been changed on a regular basis issues can arise with the linked braking system.
    If you can find one with low ish mileage that has been well cared for and maintained, they are a nice reliable ride.

Having owned three 6gens from 2004 up to 2014 and totalling some 200,000k's, the only issue I've had is one burnt out Stator and one CCT, everything else was just normal routine maintenance.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World! I think I recognize those backgrounds in your photos, hope you can find the right ride, good luck!