Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kst, Oct 18, 2018.

1. kst

kst New Member

United States
    Map
    Just got an '07 RWB with about 6K miles. This has been one of my dream bikes for a long time!

It came with a non-USB PC3...is it worth it to upgrade to a USB PC3 or PC5?

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Can’t say much on the 3 but with my PCV it definitely made a difference on low speed snatchy throttle response.
    Forgot to add that mines an 02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    I just picked up an 02 with a pre-usb pc3 too. I can't find any maps for it on the power commander website. They don't even list the old unit there at all. I was hoping maybe the maps from the USB pc3 might work with it but when I tried to download them it kept failing. To say thier site sucks is an understatement.

I was able to download the PC software and run it on my laptop but I dont know If it will talk to the device since it is made for the USB model. I can more than likely get a USB to I/O cable but I'm not going to bother until I have confirmed this attitude least has a chance of working.

I haven't reached out to support quite yet as I have a bunch of other things I'm working on with the bike right now but I probably will by the end of next week. If by some miracle I can get it all to work, I'll do a write up on it.

EDIT: I Just found the old PC3 software on their website! Would still like some maps, but at least there are potential options...

EDIT #2: They must have some something on their website last night because I was able to get both software and maps now. I''ll see about putting together some documentation. As I said I've got a laundry list of things I'm working on just to get this bike truly roadworthy so it might be a little bit before it's ready.

4. kst

kst New Member

United States
    Map
    I might upgrade anyway, just to have finer control (as opposed to only three rev ranges), the per gear mapping, and smaller footprint.

Let me know if you get the maps to work and congrats on the new (for you) VFR!

Have either of you done the PAIR valve mod? Did it make a difference? I unplugged the solenoid (or whatever) but haven't actually blocked the air. It didn't seem to make a difference but just wanted to see if unplugging it without blocking would be sufficient.

5. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    Well the good news is the Maps did load up into the old PCIII software. I had a hunch it would as the only difference between the devices should be the updated port and the accessibility to it. I mean... a map is a map is a map, right?

6. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    I've not and don't have any intention to do so. I've not seen enough factual evidence (dyno runs, etc...) that any of those mods do what people claim they do. When I first got my Magna the PO had removed it. I bought another and put it back on. Performance was greatly improved. These air boxes seem pretty fickle on these bikes ND unless you have so. E pretty advances knowledge on how they work, I've found it best to let that sleeping dog lie.

Just my .02 and worth as much.

7. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome, I got my rwb 07 in August and it's been my go to bike now out of a fleet of three ever since. Enjoy the ride!

8. Blackslide

Blackslide New Member

Finland
    Hi, and welcome!

it sure would be nice to have compareable data on the airbox mods, PC3, etc...

Riding on the storm