Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kayakzack, Aug 18, 2016.

1. kayakzack

kayakzack New Member

Haven't purchased a VFR YET! But, it is likely going to happen in the next couple weeks I hope. Couple nice ones for sale around me, and I really feel like it will be a nice bike for me and the miss to tour around on.

Currently have a 2013 Ninja 650r which I love, the wife has a 2009 Ninja 250, which will be getting put up for sale next week. The wife will adopt the 650 for anytime she wants to go ride, I can take out the VFR, or we can tour together on the VFR. it took her a long time to get on the back of the 650 with me, but as soon as she did, she really enjoyed the cruise and we had to find something a little more comfortable, and I think the VFR will fit the bill. Glad I was able to convince her to keep the 650 as I really do enjoy riding it, and it is a very nice looking machine that is easy to work on.

Will post pics of the new ride as soon as I figure out what to get!

Any advice on what I should do is appreciated!

2008 VFR (no ABS) Dark silver, has matching bags, sargent seat, passenger cowl, PC(not sure version), heated grips, upgraded fuse block, 12Volt conv outlet, frame sliders, new CT2 tires etc.. 8,000km $7,500 (a little pricey in my mind, but has a lot of options I want)

Price seem appropriate? There are a few others in the 2006-2008 range a little cheaper, but they either have a lot more KMs, or missing luggage other nice features, and I really like the matching bags!

2. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Welcome aboard! Where are you hailing from in Canuckistan my fellow Canuck?

The price is pretty for that bike, you can find an 8th gen for only a few thousand more. I picked up my 2002 for $5,800 with only 9,800km on it. I would see if you can talk them down to about $6k

3. kayakzack

kayakzack New Member

Just east of Toronto! Thanks, I have chatted over email, I originally offered $6k, but he came back with 7,100.00, said low kms, all the acces, blah blah... Problem is the 2006/2007's listed either don't have luggage, or have more miles(30,000+, I know its not a lot for a VFR), but they are still asking 5-6$ maybe its the Ontario market, everything is always more expensive here!

4. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Go find deals on the 8th gens and come back at him with those and see if he'll budge a little more. Or see if he'll come down to $6,900 ... that would be a fair price if it comes with all bells, whistles and luggage.

5. kayakzack

kayakzack New Member

Thanks for the insight Jeff, i was thinking 6,8-6,9

6. kayakzack

kayakzack New Member

Question, does this look like OEM luggage or Givi aftermarket? Going to inspect/purchase on Wednesday, bike is already safetied, so I should be able to ride it home! Very excited!

Asking cause I am very confused about what I need in order to add a Givi top box, some threads say they don't work with OEM bags, and I can't figure out what the hell is going on between, the mounting bracket, mounting plate, and box?? what the hell do I look for to order? Want to add a V47 topbox.
    VFR side.JPG

7. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    That is Givi.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

8. kayakzack

kayakzack New Member

So the standard 166FZ mounting kit should work then?

9. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Yes. Should be the right one. :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk