Has anyone here done the "Exotic Car Driving Experience" ???

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Rollin_Again, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Over the past few years I've got several Groupon offers for the "Exotic Car Driving Experience" and been wondering if anyone here has participated in something similar. In case you are not familiar with this it basically means you go to a closed circuit course and are allowed to drive or "ride along" in an exotic car such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche, etc. The latest Groupon offer I received was for for 3 laps around the course and the cost is $99 to ride along with an experienced driver (fast pace) or $150 to drive yourself (moderate pace with instructor seated alongside you.) For the prices mentioned above the "closed course" is nothing more than large empty parking lots lined with orange cones. Locations vary (stadium parking lots, amusement park parking lots, etc.) since they are marketing this to people throughout the metro area. I did do some Googling and found another offer from the same company with a slightly higher cost but it is offered at the company's local private track which happens to only be about 30 minutes from where I live. The on-track experience is also 3 laps and is offered at the cost of $150 (Porsche / Nissan GTR) or $199 (Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo) Regardless of the option that is chosen the insurance is not included at would be an extra $70. It is not required but if anything happened to the car you would be fully responsible for the damage. Has anyone participate in something like this before and do you feel the cost was worth it?

Rollin

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hell yeah for $150 go for it Rolling :thumb:
    I paid more than that to jump out of a perfect Air plane :rolleyes:

3. cinelliguy

cinelliguy New Member

Map
    That is a deal. Just do it!

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Sound like a neat thing to do but being on fixed income, I don't see that in my future. I think there is a place in Las Vegas where you can go out to a track, take some lessons and drive a stock car around the track. Don't know how much that costs. A former co-worker of mine got that as a birthday gift from his new bride a couple years ago. When it comes to cars, my wife just wants to knw when the next time I am going to wash her car.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Permanent roadrace tracks many times have schools for driving just like schools for riding. I can't imagine anyone not knowing or figuring that one out... The cars are race ready but not supercars. Unlike us bikers anyone who drives a cage is a punk so the cars are too.. I have heard none will exceed 45mph in drive.

For real bike pucker try a couple of laps as a monkey. Did I mention shifter Karts.? They are sorta like cars in a way.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Stop playing around Randy. We all know that you have your own Lamborghini. The reason rich people like you choose Law Enforcement as a profession isn't because of the pay it's because they enjoy beating people up :p

Rollin

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    This is common knowledge. What Randy doesn't tell us is that the car is his wife's. He gets an allowance for gas.

8. RoninUnderground

RoninUnderground New Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds a little expensive for just a few laps, and I wouldn't even consider the parking lot gig. It'd be fun, but if I'm paying over $200 I'm going to want some real seat time.

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I did the Porsche driving experience at Homestead International. Its the same Porsche group that runs the school at Barber. You get to drive 5 different ones on the track. It was an invite from a friend so I don't know the cost. It was a blast, I have not fooled around in Porsches in a long time and these new ones are a lot different, bad ass. It was nice to have done a lot of track days there and I know the coarse well.

10. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Wife was feeling me oot last year for a bd-present. I kind of read her mind when she asked me aboot "have you ever driven one of those Ferrari/Lambo/Porschee etc. cars" I casually mentioned to her I had no interest in those sed "supa-cars" and dont want one of those driving experiences for my bd gift. Well, Holy bat chit she sed, your telepathic! I could not tell you what the hell she bought me, I can tell you this, if you ever get to go to Germany, do the Nurburgring! I got my ring card and go up to the gate, swipe it and off I go, its a totally far oot track, bikes/cars, really ubber kewel. There I would lust for a porschee, not here as I have an adequate dik. Nuff Sed :vtr2: