Greetings from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by José Garro, May 25, 2022.

1. José Garro

José Garro New Member

Costa Rica
    Map
    Hi! My name is José, I'm from Costa Rica. Because one day I was bored, I ended looking Facebook's Marketplace ads, and found a 1991 Honda VFR750F for sale, for about $1500. In my country, this bike is very rare, because until a few years ago, the Honda Motorcycle representative didn't sell bikes over 300cc. I look this like a good opportunity for start a new restoration project (last one was a 1976 CT70 Honda Dax, now my daily driver). The bike has a complicated history and many past owners, but the last one modified it, searching for the "cafe racer" look (insert facepalm meme here). The good news: the engine has good compresion in all cylinders and the sparkplugs (nor NGK or other brands, but Honda) are a testimony of good combustion. For now, my plan is to check all the mechanical systems, and put it to run again in a safe condition (for example, the front brakes are useless, I believe because a non OEM main master cylinder; the radiator has a leakage, the electrical system was tampered, etc.). My future plans with this bike are uncertain, I don't know if I can afford an OEM look (the actual fairings are adapted from an unknown bike, the rear subframe was made from steel pipes and a very bad weld work), or a RC30 clone, or something in the middle. But for now, let the fun begin!
    IMG_8367.JPG IMG_8366.JPG IMG_8368.JPG